PDA

View Full Version : why when im on medication am i so depressed?

bethyboo
20-10-06, 01:46
I have been on and off medication for 8 years for panic attacks and acute anxiety and have finally reaslied that these both start off as depression. for the past 2 weeks without there being any significant reason i have felt severly depressed. i am still on medication and have been on efexor for the past 18 months so why do i feel like this all of a sudden. i want to lie in bed all day, i have 2 children and all i want to do is get them off to school so i can come home and cuddle up on the sofa or in bed!

I want to make my partner move out because i just cant cope......or to be honest.....be bothered with having to be upbeat and make the relationship work. he loves me but is very lacking in affection which has become a major issue with me.
my eldest son is 9 and was diagnosed with mild tourettes 2 years ago and my youngest son is 5 and has developed various'ticks' which are distinctly similar to my eldests. I have always suffered from various ticks and ocd and have read up lots on the interent which state these traits can be genetic. my mum has aspergers and while it all sounds dramatic, these things do not bother any of us as we are all quite well adjusted and laid back and have many freinds. but when it comes to relationships i just cant seem to want to make them work. i walk away at the slightes excuse and thats what i want to do now?

i just feel that when i am single and on my own i can cope with life better and when im in a relationship it is just so much hard work. My partner does not'get me' at all and is very lacking in pyhsical affection, the one and probably only thing that i need out of a relationship and i just feel like i am in a big hole with the same cycle going round and round.

My life is just so bloody interlinked with my friends and to anyone else would probably seem insestuos. but we live in a close knit town and my partners eldest daughter has got a sister who is also my eldest sons half sister(did u get that bit...even i find it hard to follow). and my best freind has 2 children with the father of my eldest. it is not normal i know, but the man to blame is such a rubbish person that we made a pact years ago that we always have contact for the childrens sake and for some reason we all became freinds. it has made life so much better for our children for they have a secure and happy extended family but for my partner it is hard and he doesnt understand our motives.

i am just so confused and miserable xi am lucky that i ahve lots of freinds but i have no family that live donw here and just feel very alone right now x

beth xx

net
21-10-06, 19:42
i find my depression can suddenly appear out of nowhere.

i have a friend whose family sounds like yours her ex husbands had a son with his first wife who was the ex wife of his brother and they had a daughter so his sons half sister is also his cousin. then my friend had a daughter by him. very complicated but they all stayed friends for the kids and it does sort of work.

my mom has aspergers as well

do you get any support from your partner, could you tell him how you feel

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past