PDA

View Full Version : Believing what the doctors say

cersei
18-08-13, 21:28
I posted before about an odd set of tiny red dots that have appeared on the soles of my feet and between my toes about 3-4 weeks ago. The spots are honestly tiny; no bigger than a pin prick. There is no correlation and they're spread out. Most of them blanch if pressed on, the only ones that don't blanch completely are those on the sole of my feet. I have an unrelated problem with my left foot which meant I had to check my feet every now and again and this was how I noticed them. Because I check my feet so often I am pretty sure they've only just come up within the past month when my anxiety was at it's peak and my anemia was diagnosed. They don't appear to have changed (one is perhaps a little bigger) but they don't appear to be going either, which is what has me worried.

I've been to see my podiatrist but as I see him for something completely unrelated he didn't really look and shrugged it off as a sweat rash. I tried treating it with some powder but the spots didn't change.

I was hoping my last visit to the GP would settle it. I asked for the GP with experience in dermatology, so she was not my usual one. Unfortunately, I have seen this woman before and she was very unsympathetic to my anxiety. The whole appointment felt very rushed and again, I feel she didn't listen to me or look. Although I described the dots, she told me she knew of no diseases that would cause this and that they were probably just pigmentation on the skin.

I wish I could say this was the end, but I'm having trouble believing what the professionals have said. (The whole media scare-mongering about the NHS going down the pan is really not helping!) I really don't know what to do. I'm still worried these dots are a sign of something bad. I don't want to go to my GP again because I feel they're beginning to think I'm wasting time (the GP I mentioned certainly made me feel that way). I thought of trying a dermatologist online but it costs £20. It's honestly got to the point that I'm checking my feet every hour to make sure there's no change. It's really starting to get me down.

countrygirl
18-08-13, 21:39
Whenever I get athletes foot I get lots of tiny red dots on my foot. they don't always itch either and they are not near my toes but on the sole or side of my foot. So not typical athletes foot but it always clears up if I use anti fungal cream/spray.

could this be what yours is??

cersei
19-08-13, 16:11
It had crossed my mind but I doubt it. There's no correlation with the dots, I have at the most 3 on the sole of each foot. The rest are on the tips or sides of a few of my toes. I don't think there are enough to constitute any kind of rash(!)

I'm still Googling all sorts to try and find an answer but for once Google isn't giving me one. I've found nothing on the web similar, so anyone else would be thinking 'hey, that means it's nothing serious'. But not me.

I'm still getting myself worked up about it. I keep thinking what if it's something bad and the window for it being treated has been missed. ):