PDA

View Full Version : My freezer is worrying me!

almamatters
19-08-13, 17:14
I know this is probably not the place for this but my freezer is stressing me out. I defrosted it last week and have food in it but I just went to it and it is clogged up with ice again , so much so the drawers will not shut in it. I can't find my instruction book, is it working right? I am worried the food is not being stored correctly, the packets in the freezer are solid with ice. Will the food be ok to eat and is my freezer broken does anyone know.? Apologies for this thread if it is irrelevant to the forum but I am worried about this now.

Jean18
19-08-13, 17:30
As long as the food is frozen ( and it sounds like it is with all that ice) you'll be fine. Try getting a thermometer and sticking it in there just to get an idea of the temp

PanicPod
19-08-13, 18:48
Is the door making a proper seal. Possibly if there is ice built up at the back o the freezer it will stop the door from making that seal. The food will be fine as long as it hasn't defrosted.

almamatters
19-08-13, 19:18
Is the door making a proper seal. Possibly if there is ice built up at the back o the freezer it will stop the door from making that seal. The food will be fine as long as it hasn't defrosted.

Thanks for both replies and I have looked panic pod and the seal is not touching all the way down so I assume the seal is broken. I have only had the fridge freezer for 2 years :mad:

PanicPod
19-08-13, 20:32
Have you checked there is no ice built up at the back which will be pushing on the basket and therefore the door. Take out the baskets and slot them back in again, maybe they are not pushed in far enough. My freezer can be a bit temperamental but not as much as me so guess who wins the will it/won't it shut!