PDA

View Full Version : ANXIETY AS A BULLY

imported_n/a
30-06-04, 17:56
A LITTLE SOMETHING FROM MY TELEPHONE RECOVERY GROUP,,,

anxiety acts in a similar way to a bully in a school-yard,,
any bully gets his/her ""kicks""from your fear and reaction,,
each time you show fear and run away the bully gains more and more power over you,,,

anxiety is exactly the same, ITS power feads off your fear.
this is why we set goals ,to move out of the comfort zone and into the area of the ""bully""and prove to him/herand YOURSELF that you are not afraid any longer.

each time you stay in a situation wher your anxiety rises and say,,
"""I AM NOT AFRAID OF YOU""",
the bully loses some of its power and you gain power over it and confidence in yourself,,,

it sometimes helps to give the bully a name,,maybe one you dont like ,or picture it as a grumpy face,,this gives you something to focus on and stops you feeling as if you are fighting with yourself,,,,

HOPE YOU LIKED IT I DID,,,[8D][8D][8D]

""HAPPINESS IS ALWAYS THERE UNDERNEATH THE ANGER AND DESPAIR""

xxxxdarrenxxxx

lainey
01-07-04, 08:53
Hi Darren

I totally agree with you, astime goes on and i know what my symptoms are and they are not life threatening when i start to feel an attack coming on i try to ride above it and keep as calm as i can, sometimes i swear and stamp my feet if no one can see me !! This definetly works and my symptoms seem to be much milder and i dont think about them for hours after.

Take care

Elaine

seh1980
01-07-04, 17:38
That's a very good way to think about it!! Thanks mate.

imported_n/a
01-07-04, 18:28
hi elaine,,,sarah,

just another way of thinking about it ,,,i have it on some papers i recieved from my telephone reovery group,,which i did like myself,,

hope it can help you,,

by the way me tele rec group now is WEEK 5 on tuesday,,
my how time flies dosent it????

the group is going very well and we all are getting some great help and advice ,,

HEY,,who knows i may make it to ibiza this year,,

take realgood care all,,[8D][8D][8D]

""HAPPINESS IS ALWAYS THERE UNDERNEATH THE ANGER AND DESPAIR""

xxxxdarrenxxxx