PDA

View Full Version : scared to ask for help

missfletcher
19-08-13, 21:17
hello, I'm 17 and from the midlands, I've just found and joined this site because I'm interested in speaking to people who have the same problems as me. I'm not sure if I have OCD, I haven't spoken to anyone about it because I'm scared to. Ever since I can remember I have had to touch or do things a certain amount of times, like 8 times because I had a good time when in was in year 8 or 10 times because I had a good year in year 10. Since I've got older I've got worse and its really frustrating, it affects my every day life so much, I'm not sure if I have OCD but if you can see any similarities please message me x

Jessica191994
19-08-13, 22:45
Hey Miss fletcher :)
I'm jess!

Never ever be scared to talk about your feelings and problems because everyone in this world has something to deal with everyday or if not have in the past.

I was so frightened to tell people about my mental health issues, but it got me nowhere, thinking I didn't deserve a place in this world, but now I have everything to live for and got lots to give.

I suggest that you go to see your GP as that's the first step I did and I have just got a diagnosis of Generalized anxiety disorder and if I didn't go I would probably still be struggling.

She/he may offer some therapy or medication, but please do not suffer on your own because there is always someone out there in the same position as you.
:)

missfletcher
20-08-13, 20:26
thank you for your advice I will defiantly try take that step x