PDA

View Full Version : Worried about fast heartbeat with high temperatures and humidity?

star68
20-08-13, 10:30
I suffer from GAD. At the moment in Spain the temperatures are very high and the humidity itīs about 80%. I donīt take any medication.
I have noticed when I am sweating non-stop my heartbeat beats faster and makes me feel very uncomfortable. I have to go to bed and put the air-con on and gradually feel better but when the air-con is not on I really suffer with the heat and I cannot stop sweating. I have heard about heat stroke and itīs symptoms but my complain itīs mainly fatigue, fast heartbeat, shortness of breath and profuse sweating. I drink a lots of water so I donīt think the problem itīs dehydration, I have look at the symptoms too.
Is it normal that my heart beats more than normal? Last time I took my pulse when I was feeling unwell was 100 bpm. Do you experience these symptoms with high temperatures. A couple of days ago I had an ECG and a heart scan and cardiologist said everything seems in order, but I worry when I get these symtoms. Have you experience these symptoms with extreme temperatures and the worse thing high humidity.

Edie
20-08-13, 10:58
Oh yes, I get exactly this in high temperatures too, especially when it is humid.

Water is important for rehydration, but salt is also important when you drink a lot. Try drinking some rehydration salt drink such as dioralyte, or isotonic drinks. Alternatively you can try some salty food like crisps.

Can you keep the air con on all the time? Maybe just at a low setting to take the edge off the heat.

ankietyjoe
20-08-13, 11:01
This is pretty common for me as well, although 100bpm is really nothing to worry about.

Yesterday was pretty warm in the UK and I went for a walk in the park with my partner and our son, and then went for a meal afterwards. It was pretty warm inside the pub and the combination of heat and carbohydrates caused my heartrate to jump up to about 140. Well I say that, but I 'noticed' it at about 120 and as soon as I did it jumped up a bit more :doh:

The point is that I sat there and tried to calm myself down and within 20 minutes or so it dropped back down to about 100.

If the Doctor says your heart is fine, then it probably is! :)

napoleon
20-08-13, 11:21
worrying about heartbeat is perhaps raising it