PDA

View Full Version : I need support and advice

star68
20-08-13, 11:44
I suffer from GAD and mainly is my fear of dying suddenly. I always have used different techniques and they generally worked. But on my last holiday nothing worked. I ended up going to the A&E department because I was fearing symptoms of a heart problem. I spoke to my therapist and there was a few triggers that made my anxiety worse. When we left the house I had realized I left my blood pressure machine, so that made me anxious. Then the holiday location was in the mountains in the middle of nowhere (my sisterīs holiday home) so access to medical care is difficult in case of emergency they have to take you to hospital via helicopter, I was hiding my symptoms from my family my sister is not very understanding when it comes to my condition, aside from my husband that he is very supportive, I kept finding huge spiders in my room at night time and finally to top it all up I suffered from insomnia so my body was extremely vulnerable to everything.
I am very against medication and I always try to overcome my fears with different techniques, but this time nothing worked. I had a heavy chest, shortness of breath, tiredness and fatigue.
My therapist said that I did very well but in situations like this one I should take a relaxant to help me out with my symptoms but in my opinion I should not fall into that trap. I should view it as a relapse of my condition and carry on reinforcing my techniques when exposed. Like I have fallen, now I must get up and carry on. What do you think?

mervymoomoo
20-08-13, 15:13
hey there! well im currently six hundred miles away from my doctor and am I mess ha. im a firm believer that tablets wont help me ( im wrong) I wont even take a diazepam when I know I need one through fear they will hurt me and I struggle to pull through the worse situations but I believe and am going to make this my mission when it gets too much and I cant stop the panic coming I will take a tablet there isn't no harm in it they are designed to help us why should we suffer... you wouldn't be taking them every day xx