PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Virginmargarita
20-08-13, 16:44
North American in the UK. No stranger to anxiety and depression. Comes and goes - recently popped up again and not coping well. After much apprehension, I sought medical advice from a friend who highly recommended Wellbutrin 150. Unfortunately no NHS doctor will prescribe it here in the UK.

Looking for helpful information in regards to Wellbutrin and other meds that don't affect sexual appetite. Not willing to deal with that side effect.

Thanks. :)

Mark13
21-08-13, 14:36
Hello and :welcome:to the forum.

The only AD I've taken that had no effect on sexual functioning or libido (at least in the short term) was mirtazapine.

fifeboy66
23-08-13, 22:50
i think the problem with most meds is that they react different on each individual..i personally would never use them again but thats just me.

JonSnow
24-08-13, 23:48
I recently had to stop going to counselling due to a lack of funds, meds are expensive too so I've been trying out some reading material which has helped greatly.

The most helpful book I've found recently is 'Manage Your Anxiety and Stress' by Dr. Phil Robert,

I found it on itunes which is pretty handy, Hope you find something that works for you, I couldn't agree more about the sexual appetite thing - that's why I stick with the books..