PDA

View Full Version : Stomach again

Juggsy
21-08-13, 09:44
Hi hoping someone has experience of what I'm going through

About 8 weeks ago I hurt my back and just after became constipated, I went to the doctor who prescribed movicol and said if no improvement in 3 weeks I'd be referred to rule other things out like cancer, well as you can imagine I've been a wreck ever since, I've had bloods all was fine with that I've also paid for a private consultation last week with a colorectal consultant, he checked me over did a digital rectal exam and rigid sigmoidoscopy and said there was no inflammation polyps or anything and everything looked completely normal, however as he could only see a small section of bowel he's put me down for a barium enema. Now you'd think I'd be happy, but because he wants me to have other tests I can't stop thinking ... What's wrong... What's he not telling me

I've got a dull tummy ache, I move from soft ice cream like stools (sorry tmi I know) to hard pellet type, I've also noticed I have a stitch like feeling that radiates from just under my ribs to my kidney area on my back, I've now also started convincing myself I'm looking slightly yellow, although nobody else has mentioned this, I weighed last weekend and I'd lost 6lbs in weight in a week, however I was only eating a very small amount, literally cereal for breakfast and chicken and broccoli for evening meal.

I've taken colpermin which seemed to ease the tummy ache but I've stopped as I found I was belching slot and reflux,

Sorry for the long winded post but I'm worried sick that I may have something serious like bowel/stomach/pancreas cancer

skippy66
21-08-13, 10:03
Do you exercise?

Juggsy
21-08-13, 10:05
I go through stages to be honest, the reason I hurt my back was just after I'd done 5km on treadmill and a short intense weights exercise, I haven't done anything for the last 8 weeks though, I've always played sport but I'm not the best trainer in the world, why do you ask?

skippy66
21-08-13, 14:00
I'm not a doctor but if I were you I would re-start an exercise regime and see if it makes your problem go away. Just walking initially. Also drink lots of water.

Juggsy
26-08-13, 10:34
well im on holidays tomorrow and feeling awful....i went out saturday evening and drunk quite a large amount of lager, probably 12-15 pints, all yesterday i had very bad diaorreah literally just liquid motions and my urine was dark brown, today my first BM was a little better but still very very soft and my urine seems to be same colour, im struggling today with my HA, i dont want to ruin our family holiday with my constant worrying

im hoping this is due to the alcohol and nothing more.....anyone experienced this