PDA

View Full Version : NEW BACH FLOWER RECIPE! YUMMY!

pips
30-06-04, 17:59
Hi All:D

This is a bit of a silly post really but thats me really daft and muddled like my brain! [:P] LOL

I was on the bus the other day and my anxiety level was rather to high for my liking! [V] I gave up the ciggerettes 2 ys ago now but still get lots of cravings.[}:)]

I often chew gum when I do get these cravings but as I was feeling particulally anxious at the time wanted some Bach flower rescue remedy as well.

As you probably know you can either put the drops in water or directly on your tongue. Anyway I thought whats stopping me putting the rescue remedy on the chewing gum so i did! and there you have it really BACH FLOWER RESCUE REMEDY FLAVOUR CHEWING GUM! [Wow!]or there are other flavours of Bach you can try![:O]

So instead of being an anxious smoker I just looked like a nutter on the bus instead LOL [:P] If anything it made me giggle when somebody gave me a strange look!

Take care all :D

Love PIP' S XX [:X]

nomorepanic
30-06-04, 20:17
Nice one Pips!

We don't think you are mad mate!!

I have to admit I have only tried it neat once and I didn't like it - definitely better in water!!

You could do a Rescue Remedy cook book for us lol!

Wonder if you can put it in cakes lol

Nicola

Meg
30-06-04, 20:44
Pips ,

I think that's fantastic innovation - well done .

Did it work ?

Meg

Rennie1989
30-06-04, 21:42
WOW

wat else rescue remedy wise can u get. all i now is:
1)drops
2)spray
3)cream(wat that ment to do)

so much isnt there, lol

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

pips
30-06-04, 21:49
Thank you both Nic & Meg!

Good idea about the cook book Nic I could call it Barmy Bach Flower recipies LOL! Here is a nice summer recipe to get you started:

BACH FLOWER SALAD!

Take a bottle of the bach flower remedy of your choice. You can mix up to 7 remedies if you wish to give it that extra flavour yum! Prepare a lovely crisp salad (or buy it in a bag from a supermarket it's easier) LOL Add a couple drops of the bach flower remedy(s) to some vinegar to make a lovely dressing for your salad give it a good mix together and drizzle over salad to amount required! Meat or cheese may be added to the salad to make it more interesting! Though I don't think you will need it as the Bach remedy is so yummy and filling NOT! LOL

I am saine really.

Yes Meg I think it did work although it didn't take the anxiety away 100% it did make me laugh to myself and I think laughter is always a good sign hey!

I hope you are both well!

Take care

Love PIP'S XX

pips
30-06-04, 21:58
Hi Scooter Girl,

Yes I think there are about 38 in total they all do different things. Go to the website below and go into 38 essences and it says what each one is and what it does!

http://www.bachflower.com

You can buy them in Boots or most health food shops e.g Holland & Barret.

Take care

Love PIP'S XX

Rennie1989
30-06-04, 22:00
heres sumot:

stress free drink:

Get some tonix ater and a bottole of rescue remidies

mix the water and remidies together and shake.

i donno im using my imagination, lol

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

Meg
30-06-04, 22:39
Jade,

The cream is for minor spots, rashes, insect bites and nettle stings etc

Meg

EMMA
03-07-04, 15:30
I've bought some rescue remedy from Boots. But I was wondering if you can take it whilst on meds? I'm on Paroxetine and Diazepam (only till side effects of paroxatine wear off) and didn't dare to try this bach flower stuff until I was sure it wouldn't react with these tablets. If they do react then I will keep the rescue remedy for when I come off the tablets.

Cheers

Emma

Rennie1989
03-07-04, 15:38
great news peeps

iv just gotta boots advantage card so wen i get my rescue remidies the points r going straight on the card, wow, i could be a millionaire by the time iv stopped panicking, lol

Scooter Girl

nomorepanic
03-07-04, 15:52
Emma

Yes it will be fine as it is all natural ingredients so will not interfere with the meds in anyway.

Nicola

Caz Fab Pants
03-07-04, 23:59
Now people, I want you to be totally honest with me here.

Do you have to believe that the rescue remedy will work for it to have a positive effect?? Its just that I tried it about 10years ago and in all honesty, as much as I REALLY wanted it to work, it didn't.

I've read all about you raving on about it and have been thinking about trying it again, although it's not cheap and I dont want to waste my money. I too wondered if its ok to take while on meds.

I dont want to burst anyone's bubble, I just wondered if its psychosymatic (not sure how you spell that, lol) a bit like people being cured by taking a placebo.

Caroline
x

pips
06-07-04, 18:11
Hi Caz mate,

Thanks for message.

I know what you mean about it being psychosymatic! I often wonder and ask myself that. Even if it is just tricking my brain. I think if it helps me a little though who am I to argue

In my views though I do believe that sometimes it really can help and then other times It doesn't help that much. I think it depends on how high your anxiety level is at the time, and also how positive you are about wanting it to work. Its like if you tell yourself enough times that something isn't going to work your mind believes it in the end and it doen't work! If you know what I mean. So yes it definately helps if you can believe in it.

I find that if I take a remedy and practice the breathing at the same time it helps. I know it doesn't totally obliterate the feelings. I think I would need a brain transplant for that LOL! I think it just calms you a little and once you are calmer your brain will think more rationally! (or try to LOL)!

I tend to be so positive about the whole complementary medicine thing as I have tried meds in the past and have had bad side effects. So meds for me is my last resort really where as some people have a great success on meds! I think it really depends on the individual!

Anyway I hope this helps a bit good luck and take care!

Love PIP'SXX

Caz Fab Pants
08-07-04, 21:51
Cheers Pips,

Still cant decide whether to bother getting any. Bought some aconite a few months ago but it didn't do anything and so dont want to waste more dosh on something that wont work. Would much rather put it towards a new outfit or pair of shoes :D

I do think exercise makes a difference to these problems so I'm trying to make an effort to walk a few more places these days.

Hope you're well hun.

Caroline
x

diana
10-08-04, 23:51
Hi All,

Great topic.

I am wondering too about the effectiveness of the Rescue Remedy myself.

I want to do something natural, but wonder if it works really or just mind over matter?

Also for those of you who do believe in its effects/healing powers. What is the feeling it gives you? e.g. drunk, fuzzy headed, overwhelming sense of calmness????

Is that too daft a question????? LOL.............:)

I`d also like to know what form is better/more effective. The drops in water, on tongue or spray?????

Can you take too much, and if you do what are the affects of that?

I hope this finds you all well.

Take care.

Love,

Diana xoxoxo

sunndyd
02-06-09, 13:00
I've bought some rescue remedy from Boots. But I was wondering if you can take it whilst on meds? I'm on Paroxetine and Diazepam (only till side effects of paroxatine wear off) and didn't dare to try this bach flower stuff until I was sure it wouldn't react with these tablets. If they do react then I will keep the rescue remedy for when I come off the tablets.

Cheers

Emma

i am due to take diazepam and would also like to know is batch remdies a diazepam safe with bach remeide did u ever find out?

amandaj
02-06-09, 13:23
ive taken diazepam and bachs in past but always best to check first

sunndyd
02-06-09, 13:30
has any one taken batch remedies while on diazepam?

sunndyd
02-06-09, 13:32
cool i have emailed nelspns etc they said it was fine just wanted to know that some had taken bach remedy rescue with diazepam:)