PDA

View Full Version : reducing citalopram to one tablet every other day

mandie
20-10-06, 11:57
Hi

This week iv reduced to citalopram 10mg to one every other day. Iv only missed not taking 3 tablets but already the headaches have started and my eye keeps flickering. I have been feeling sick throughout the day to.

Is there anyone else coming off these tablets who feels like this.

I half tempted to go back on them everyday. I hate the symtpoms they give when u start to come off

love mandie x

John56
20-10-06, 12:04
Hiya

I came off Citalapram about a year ago. I had started on it, then gone on to Seroxat and then used it again to get off Seroxat. I have to say that I didn't get those symptoms coming off although I had them when I went on.

I would say persever if you can, the benefits when you come off are worth it. I didn't realise until I came off how much the drug had supressed me

mandie
20-10-06, 12:31
thanks for that John

I know that most get symptoms coming off them, its just i feel so lousy again i sometimes think its easier to stay on them.

However i know it will be worth it so will stick with it for now

love mandie x

tam
20-10-06, 12:42
hi mandie im coming off citolopram i am on 40mg and i have too take half a tablet for 2 weeks then im going on to venlafaxine as the doctor thinks they have helped but arnt helping now, thats why im changing. im very worried about how im going to feel and scared of going back,yet want to try the others to see if they help.i have only took 3 halfs 20mg for 3 days so dont feel different as yet.how long have you been cutting down? love for you to let me know how you get on each day ,and i will reply on here to let you know about me,if thats ok.take care and good luck tracy

honeybee3939
20-10-06, 14:37
Hi Mandy,

I take Citalopram 10mg also after reducing it from 40mg, what strength did you start on and how quickly did you reduce the dose?

depending on what dose you where taking originaly,in my experience e.g. if i was on 20mg i cut down to 15mg for a couple of month, taking each day(rather than every other day) 15 to 10mg for a couple of month, then then to 5 mg. I have taken these tablets now for 8 years and found that if i cut them down too quickly (which i have in the past) my symptoms return a few months later. So my advice to you is do it slowly even if it takes a year. That way you will wean your self off them.

Hope that helps

Love

Andrea
xxxx

mandie
09-11-06, 13:18
Hi

Just an update. Its been over 3 weeks since i reduced my citalopram.

This week i have decided to have 1 tablet every four days and so far im feeling ok.

Im taking it slow so hopefully this time i will do it

love mandie x