PDA

View Full Version : Nausea and Ovarian Cancer

KeeKee
21-08-13, 16:20
I was unwell a few weeks ago and had bad nausea and actual vomiting. I have been fine for about a fortnight now but am still nauseas quite often. I feel as though it is constant. This is of course scaring me as on NHS site this could be a symptom of Ovarian Cancer.
I also read that unexplained weight loss may also be a symptom and given that I have recently gained weight (:blush:) I kind of think Ovarian Cancer is very very unlikely. I am quite scared though as I never get nausea but I have been feeling very down lately and I wonder if that can cause nausea?

emlica
21-08-13, 16:34
When you were ill, might it have been a stomach virus? You can feel a bit off for a while afterwards, plus personally I find nausea can be a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy if you know what I mean: if you think about feeling nauseous, you'll feel nauseous! Nausea is a symptom of loads of (minor) things, all of them more likely than ovarian cancer if that's your only symptom. It might be that your hormones are a bit crazy this month (can be affected by you being ill) - I guess you're not pregnant, right? Are you sure? I reckon you can feel sick from being down, especially if you're also anxious about it. Personally I'm having a stupidly long recovery from gastroenteritis and I KNOW that I feel much more nauseous when I'm worried about it than when I'm nicely distracted and/or feeling positive that I'm getting better.

KeeKee
21-08-13, 20:07
It is impossible for me to be pregnant :-)
Yes it was a stomach virus.
Thanks hopefully it is just that then? I feel a little better now. I do tend to feel more nauseas when I am not doing anything, probably because I have time to think about it.
Thanks again

---------- Post added at 20:07 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

It is impossible for me to be pregnant :-)
Yes it was a stomach virus.
Thanks hopefully it is just that then? I feel a little better now. I do tend to feel more nauseas when I am not doing anything, probably because I have time to think about it.
Thanks again

emlica
22-08-13, 08:06
I think there's definitely a 'mood' element to it. When I'm at work I feel significantly worse when I'm trying to complete a task that I don't enjoy, (because my mind wanders, I guess) than when I'm doing something I actually like. And I feel worse if I wake up in the night as then my brain has nothing to do but think about feeling dodgy. Gastroenteritis can mess with your system a bit if you're unlucky and if you add worrying into the bargain it can make things worse...