PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help so I don't feel so alone?

Dee62
21-08-13, 21:04
I have had this really strange thing since about November 2012. It feels like my tongue or back of throat or roof of mouth on the left side is twitching or sort of fluttering of its own accord. Sometimes it feels like 'popping candy' at the side of my tongue/throat. It is such an unpleasant feeling and is there almost every day, all day. the only time I have any relief from it is when I'm asleep. I've had two MRI scans (for something else) and seen a neurologist (something else) and mentioned it but he wasn't concerned and nor was my gp. Has or is anyone else had or got this?

Dee. x

saab
21-08-13, 22:35
No I haven't had it, but have never heard of it as a symptom of anything either. I am sure your doctors would have known if it was an acknowledged symptom of something serious.

If anything it sounds like maybe a slight reaction or irritation that could be caused by food.

Sometimes when we are anxious our mind searches for things to focus on and we pick up little things that wouldn't even be noticed when we are mentally well. When I am anxious every ache and pain becomes a "What if that's........" - fill in the gap with whatever catastrophic illness you like.