PDA

View Full Version : Feeling I'm About to take a nose dive )-:

Chester
21-08-13, 21:13
Hey everyone, thanks for reading.

I've been off work for 18 months now with severe anxiety and depression. I've switched meds a few times and finally settled on Pregablin but it doesn't seem to work anymore.

The past month has been pretty horrific. After 8 months panic attack free I've had wave after wave of attack, my health anxiety is driving me up the wall (Dr Google too) and I'm becoming forgetful, spaced, generally unwell and miserable. I had a fire in my kitchen because I left a gas hob on, thankfully minor a friend noticed and I only lost a pair of oven gloves I'd put down

I put on a brave face of progress to my CBT Therapist and friends/family but I feel like I'm days from cracking and rolling all back to the bad times and some days I do feel absolutely fine but they are turning into hours as opposed to days. I don't want to let them down as I've worked so hard to get back up the mountain.

My long term relationship with my ex-girlfriend ended over the strain and I moved home and I understand my mum, as supportive and brilliant is struggling with the strain and worry and I don't want that for her or my friends.

My problem is although I understand everything about anxiety I can't put CBT into progress, there's an emotional block, it's like I revise, know it all and then fail the exam.

I really don't know what to do, my GP, herself a saint who has been through problems herself and understands is on maternity leave and the GP I saw last week was dismissive and said 'we all have problems, you fight through it' - which although true, really wasn't helpful. I asked about changing medication and he laughed me off and said it was my anxiety (well obviously!)

I'm lost, I feel like I just want to go away and get fixed and come back, like I need a holiday or a human equivalent of Kwik Fit!

Thanks for reading/humouring me