PDA

View Full Version : worried cos i have heart attack symptoms

anx mum
21-08-13, 21:36
Can someone help me:weep: just come off the phone to shop doc as I woke up today with shoulder pain prior to this ive had chest pain for over 3 weeks. Ive had a few ecgs which have come bk normal but this shoulder pain is scaring me also ive been getting pins and needles I don't know what going on im scared:weep: the dr told me to take co codimal and if the pain dosent ease call ambulance wth someone plz help

nomorepanic
21-08-13, 21:52
It is not your heart Bev it would show on all the ECG's you have had.

It is anxiety and chest pain or it could be Costochondritis

You don't need to keep calling 999 or going to A&E though in my opinion.

It won't go whilst you are stressed out like this. You need to relax, calm down and it will go in time

roxy90
21-08-13, 22:33
Ive been.having heart attack symptoms for 2 months, one of the longest heart attacks in history lol. I was diagnosed with costochondritis, it can mimic heart attack symptoms too.

It.took 4 ECGS and two.blood tests for me to.believe it wasnt a heart attack, I know how you feel. Is your chest tender to.touch?

anx mum
21-08-13, 22:38
does hurt abit if I touch. I think im going mad now I have shoulder pain which is scaring me. Did u have shoulder pain Nicola?

roxy90
21-08-13, 22:47
I have shoulder pain too if that is any help, and chest, and.back pains. And its just muscular especially if it hurts to touch. The more you are.anxious the more the symptoms are going to happen.

It.took.a paramedic to come.into my house and say theres no.way your.having.a heart attack when your that colour to.actually.understand that.you really would.know about.it.

If youve.woken.up with it.its very likely youve slept funny. I do.know.exactly how.u feel,.i.worry daily about everything but.youre.not.having.a.heart attack.xx

nomorepanic
21-08-13, 22:51
No Bev I had upper arm pain.

Is the chest pain central?

anx mum
21-08-13, 22:58
yes chest pain is central

---------- Post added at 22:58 ---------- Previous post was at 22:55 ----------

thanks to both of you I am a worry wart the co codimal has helped abit

nomorepanic
21-08-13, 23:08
Ask the doctor if it could be connected to your ribs as I had chest pain back in May and the doctor said I had dislodged a rib or something and he put it back in by manipulating my back.

the other doctor thought it was more angina related but the GTN spray wasn't really helping.

anyway the pain went after a couple of weeks

roxy90
21-08-13, 23:10
I did the same honestly I.had 4 Ecgs before I believed it. But if you were having a heart attack you'd know it by now.and it wouldnt ease.with cocodamol. You're definately fine xx

Freaked
21-08-13, 23:13
I know how you feel. I've been through scary episodes with pain, vomiting, shaking. Apparently weren't heart attacks.

anx mum
23-08-13, 22:29
would a heart attack be instant had shoulder and chest pain well shoulder pain since wed

nomorepanic
23-08-13, 22:33
Yes you kind of know you are having one if that makes sense.

Put it this way the last thing I would have done is posted on here asking if I was having one if that makes sense.

It was call 999!

anx mum
24-08-13, 22:10
still not feeling great got pain in chest and pain in shoulder my doc said cos ive had the pain in shoulder since wed I would of had a heart attack by now I admit im still scared as still feel poorly