PDA

View Full Version : Weird Feeling in Arms, Worried about MS OR ALS

Laxer971
21-08-13, 23:23
Hello I am very worried about MS or ALS. I have really bad anxiety so please tell me if you think my sympotoms could be anxiety related.

Symptoms-

Cold feeling in right arm and sometimes legs ( feels like my curculation is bad)

Tight feeling in hands especially when opening and closing.

Weird feeling in writs and forarms when walking up in the morning ( feels like they are still almost)

These are some of the things im feeling and they are really freaking me out so if someone could please make me feel better or has something similar that would be awsome. Thank you.

Speranza
16-11-13, 08:01
Hi, I've only just seen this. It sounds to me as if it's possible you sleep in a position which affects some little nerve..? How are you doing?

bassman85
16-11-13, 13:11
Menkster,

Been reading your previous posts and you have similar symptoms to me.

It started off about 2 months ago with feeling spaced out, but has now progressed into daily headaches/nausea, neck/back aches, muscle twitches, cognitive difficulties, and more recently exactly as you say with your arms regarding cold sensations, stiffness in hands and a loss of circulation feeling in arms in the morning.

I'm a realist, and know that I am occasionally anxious about my health. When I started taking the symptoms described above, I went through every possible thought with regards to what it could be. Even though i've had only 1 test (a blood test, which came back fine) and a Neurologist examination, I've had the opinion of 3 GP's and the Neurologist who say it is more than likely anxiety causing the physical symptoms.

But as with you, it could all be in the brain playing tricks. I find that when i'm engaged in something, I can completely forget the symptoms. The only time this is not the case is when I feel nauseous. But when I get distracted with the physical symptom I can lose focus and sort of feel spaced out.

Maybe you could try what treatment i'm going through at the moment. I'm on antidepressants. Only on a small dose, and in 5 days of taking them, i've not really noticed a difference. But they can take up to 2 weeks to take effect. Worth a try if you are feeling the way you are.