PDA

View Full Version : Fear and Restlessness

kittikat
20-10-06, 15:11
Hi all,

Just experienced major anxiety for the first time since having panic disorder (18 months).

Does anyone else get extremly restless, pace up and down, can't sit still, frightened of nothing?

For the first time last week I was unable to even get in my car or go out alone. It's really alien for me as I am so independent and never had any problem going out before.

Is this a form of agoraphobia caused by my panic attacks?

Thanks for reading. ;)
Kittikat

NPS_Paul
20-10-06, 15:28
Yes it sounds like the begining of Agoraphobia, but you have a chance that most people never have to FACE YOUR FEAR before it starts getting worse. The final position of the Agoraphobic is all the horrible panic even when you just think about going out/ but have no intention of ever doing it.
As someone who lost 8 years to Agoraphobia, my advice is FACE it right now today and tomorrow and every day as the problem only gets worse. Avoidance is saying i'm running and fueling the illness.
As a recovered Agoraphobic, my advice to you is the same as the advice to someone who has lost a decade or 2 decades even to not going out. However hard TODAY RIGHT NOW FACE YOUR FEAR. Think about it, do something mini, whatever you can manage - IMMEDIATLY. Use the hope excitement you get from reading my words and leave your computer, don't pause even afew minutes and do ANYTHING to confront your fear.
Read some of my other posts to other sufferers, p message me, e mail or post here.
There is no time to waste, you've done the right thing asking for help, you have it, now go! Love to all readers, Paul.

Love to all members

yorkylover
20-10-06, 16:11
Hi I found this when I had my last major panic attack about 3 months ago,things have settled back down a little now.I have only been out on my own about twice since.I get where I cant go out alone,about I havent become housebound.

Ellen XX

Hexia
20-10-06, 20:26
I definitely have to agree with Paul here. You have to face your fears, or things will only get worse.
When I first experienced panic, I was really lucky. My dr. referred me to a psychiatrist after only a few days. I developed anxiety from stress, and I asked him if I would be making the stress worse by pushing myself to do things I was afraid of.
He told me the same thing: once you start avoiding things because of panic/anxiety you have started a vicious circle.
So do all you can to face it and don't let it get you down.
All my best thoughts and wishes are with you, you will be fine eventually.

"You can't yell loud enough to make me shut up."