PDA

View Full Version : hi im new !

pepsi
22-08-13, 13:19
Hi everyone I have finally come to reolise I suffer with anxiety about a lot of things I really need to go to the doctors but I just don't know where to start or how to explain how I am feeling and if he can help me in anyway.
I need to face my problems though and not hide from them .
id really like to chat to other people that might be in a similar situation to me :blush:

Sparkle1984
22-08-13, 13:47
Welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll find plenty of help and support here - I certainly have. :)

I started by making a list of all my symptoms and negative thoughts, and I used that as a prompt to help me at my doctor's appointment. Several options are available such as meds and therapy.

SarahH
22-08-13, 14:28
Hi and :welcome:

You will find lots of support on NMP. The first appointment is always the worst but once you say it you will find it easier to talk. You will be surprised at how many of your friends will will have similar feelings.

Sarah

Mark13
23-08-13, 22:33
Glad to have you with us pepsi.

I've found a great deal of support and guidance since I've been here.

I'm sure you will too.

Speranza
23-08-13, 22:35
Hi and :welcome:

I also made a list, told him I thought it would be quicker. He said, "You talk, I'll read..."

Just know that you aren't alone.

Gill x

pepsi
23-08-13, 23:24
Thankyou so much for your kind replies. . I think here and the drs is a good place to start x