PDA

View Full Version : face twitching

pepsi
22-08-13, 13:24
hi everyone I suffer with anxiety and quite often I think theres something seriously up with me and I do worry alone and sit on the internet fretting. I do make myself ill with worry. today though I was looking in the mirror and I knid of screwed my face up a bit and my face did start to twitch my lips were twitcging too and then the side of my face was twitching . I have got myself in a bit of a state about it to say the least ..I don't know if that's a normal thing to happen or not I have not ever had anything like this before ..so I don't know I can feel my anxiety kicking in and I cant seem to relax atall . I am worried :weep: if anyone can help ...id be so greatful ..thankyou X

saab
22-08-13, 17:06
I get a twitch under my eye. You can feel and see the muscle moving. It starts sometimes when I am stressed and at other times appears out of the blue when I feel fine. I honestly dont think an occasional dacial twitch is anything to worry about.

anxious_thoughts
22-08-13, 18:04
I get twitches in my face as well, especially in my eyelids and lips. I sometimes feel it in my cheeks and side of face. I think it's from stress or being tired. I noticed when I'm tired of eyelid starts twitching. Don't worry about it. :)

princesszelda
22-08-13, 23:02
Hello Pepsi,

My face twitches have been some of the most concerning to me as well, but I have felt much better upon discovering that MANY people deal with them, especially in times of stress. I have noticed mine being much worse when I am under stress or a strict deadline.

My sister recently shared with me that she gets them too! I get eyebrow, eye, lip, and by my nose as well. So annoying!

Nora3452
22-08-13, 23:06
It's most likely nothing, but it could also be associated with your cranial nerve VII. Many of the facial muscles are controlled by this facial nerve. There are many different causes of damage to this nerve that could cause muscle twitching.

Check out doctors answers to someone who had the same question on HealthTap (link): bit.ly/12tIIxs

You can ask your question on Healthtap for free to US doctors and get an answer within hours. Try asking the physicians there and see what they say. Hope everything works out for you!

robin321
22-08-13, 23:43
it is unlikely to be that nerve.
I have this a lot also. Most likely from being tired, and stressed. Sometimes it is just random.
Look up benign facilitation syndrome. You will feel better.