PDA

View Full Version : so, i'm new to this..

jessicarose
22-08-13, 14:16
i'm jess and i'm 19. i have a beautiful little girl who is 18 months old and we live on our own. i have suffered from anxiety since i was 5 years old, constantly changing form throughout the years. i am an emtophobic, i have ocd, seperation anxiety, i am a self harmer and i have ptsd. i am 8 months free of a 2 year abusive relationship with the father of my child and still dealing with the effects. i love reading crime novels and spending time with my little girl. i'd like to think that i'm a down to earth, kind, helpful person but i don't really know how people see me. i guess i'm just looking for someone to talk to. i want to know that i'm not the only one. anxiety and depression makes you awful lonely sometimes..:blush:

cokesmyth5
22-08-13, 14:45
Wow, you are one strong, brave lady. I do hope you find some support here, I'm sure you will.
Take care of yourself and your little girlie

Sparkle1984
22-08-13, 17:14
Welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll find plenty of help and support here - I certainly have. :)

I'd be happy to chat to you. I was diagnosed with anxiety along with some symptoms of depression. I'm on 20mg citalopram, what about you? I find it very helpful. I'm also learning about Mindfulness at the moment which helps to calm my mind. I've also been having episodes since childhood, well ever since I was about 8 or 9. I'm now 29 but it was only last year that I had the courage to seek help as I was having a really bad episode.

cassper
22-08-13, 22:14
You're not the only one :) Anxiety can be lonely, especially when the people in your life have never experienced it. My partner is a great person, very supportive, but he doesn't understand. He cant get his head around why I feel anxious for no apparent reason.
That's why I joined this site too, to find people like me that I can relate to!

Jennifer8907
22-08-13, 22:31
Well done you for getting out of an abusive relationship and becoming a single parent I was in a bad relationship and the age of 17-19 he wasn't physical it was more mental... I then became a single parent yes can be hard at times but without that other person things can feel a little lighter :) I suffered with depression after my first child young and in love with the wrong person I finally got through my depression I am now in a loving relationship have been for the past 3 n half years and I now have a 6 month old baby things can seem impossible at moments and sometimes the road looks a little dark.. This site will help you when your feeling a little lost I'm sure you will overcome this soon your a strong little lady the road will look a little brighter soon just hang on there :)) have you been to a doctor or spoke to a family member/ friend the way you are feeling? Sometimes a problem shared is a problem halfed xxxx

Mark13
23-08-13, 00:04
Hi Jess. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.

I find spending time on here gives my poor wife a break from my problems as there are so many understanding people here is really helps in managing the condition.

fifeboy66
23-08-13, 22:53
Jess..you are stronger than you think..you are not alone. there is always someone on here to talk to if you cant talk to a friend or family