PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm a new member

nursegreenwhippet
22-08-13, 16:13
Hi everyone, I am a new member. I joined as I am doing well coming off seroxat (this is not my first time trying). Would like to hear from others that may have been off the drug for a while. Was originally prescribed seroxat about 13 years ago and have not had the nerve to try coming off since the last few tries as had the bad withdrawal effects. However this time have been taking my time (all summer) and used the liquid - very slowly from 10mg down to 1/2 ml now. Using B6 and increased carbs to help with the weird feelings and just hoping I am now going to make it to the end. People cant believe 1/2 a ml still does anything but it does - this week is my second week of this dose and have been tearfull, little down, and paranoid. This happens every time I cut the dose so have been very slow with cutting down. Will stay on this dose for 2-3 months till I cut down again. It really must be this slow for success. Look forward to any replys re seroxat use.
Sarah :)

Daisy Sue
22-08-13, 17:24
Hi Sarah, welcome to the forum :) I've no experience of Seroxat, but just wanted to say hello.

nursegreenwhippet
23-08-13, 22:11
Hi daisy-sue, thanks for your reply, it's my first! This seems like a nice site, haven't used one before. It's nice to talk to other people about similar experiences, Sarah.

fifeboy66
23-08-13, 22:18
Hi sarah..i was on citalopram so cant help specifically on seroxat. all i know was coming off it was not nice..head shocks...i took up running and the gym..it works for me..it will get better Dave x

Mark13
23-08-13, 22:31
Glad to have you with us.

I've found a great deal of support and guidance since I've been here.

I'm sure you will too.

I can't help regarding seroxat though as it's one of the few drugs I've never been on :)

nursegreenwhippet
31-08-13, 07:51
Thanks for your reply's. it is going to be a long job coming off seroxat. I have decided to stay on 1ml liquid (which is only 2mg) for a while now as cut down to 1/2 ml couple of weeks ago and have had horrendous tummy aches , ibs, and finding mornings difficult all of a sudden. The last straw was a weird incident where I was suddenly really afraid of a cocktail stick on my lunch break at work! I've put my dose back to 1ml and am instantly better so its not me just the withdrawal - I feel like a heroin addict. Sarah x

MRS STRESS ED
31-08-13, 08:11
just like to :welcome:you