PDA

View Full Version : question about head pain

Munchlet
22-08-13, 18:07
As some of you know I've recently been going through CBT and have actually been relatively calm about my health of late (for me anyway).

I've noticed that on occasion I get a pain in my head in the same area, it's not like a crippling pain it's just like a jabbing pain which is always on the right side and around the top to the lower part of my head.

I first had it probably a year ago and it went on for a couple of hours, it almost felt like a pulsing and because I had a bad cold I put it down to sinus/head pressure.

Well a few months ago I got it again and it lasted for a couple of hours and went then for a few days after I would get it intermittently but because I was thinking about it I wasn't really sure if it was my anxiety producing the symptoms.

Now I've noticed over the last few days I've been getting an odd twinge in the same area.

I don't want to google and am determined not to, I'm also getting a bit of ear pain and my nose is a bit blocked due to hayfever.

I suppose what I'm asking is and I know you are not medically qualified but if it were a brain tumour is is likely to dissapear for a few months with nothing and then come back?

Obviously despite my CBT I'm still thinking along those lines and I don't want to go rushing to the doctors as I'm trying to cut down on the amount of time I spend there.

It is more like a spasm than anything and it's not painful enough to stop me doing anything if that makes sense.

rockydog
22-08-13, 19:44
Do you grit your teeth because I use to wake up in the night with a pain there and then when I told myself to consciously relax everything I realised my teeth also hurt and when I gritted them again the head pain got worse. I have had so many head pains and sensations that I was once convinced there was something wrong in my head and there never has been. I am sure you are ok as otherwise by now you would have so many more symptoms (no doctor here) But heads are worrying and worry causes pain x

Munchlet
22-08-13, 20:09
Hi Rockydog thanks for the reply.

It's funny you say that because I never thought I grinded or grit my teeth but I have noticed on occasion that when I'm going to sleep I seem to be clenching my jaw and my teeth.

In fact I don't even realise I'm doing it and it's like I have to actually make a concious effort to relax everything, so that could be a possibility!

thanks for pointing that out!:)

rockydog
23-08-13, 15:21
I did exactly the same thing, I would have answered no until I tried these relaxation techniques of relaxing each part separately and then realised my mouth and teeth were always clenched. Apparently keeping your tongue on the roof of the mouth causes a tight feeling in the throat as well :)