PDA

View Full Version : Absent mindedness and anxiety

graham58
22-08-13, 21:06
Hi. I don't know if this belongs in this section, but all my life I've had a problem with being absent minded.

Today was a particularly bad day as I've lost not only my wallet but my week's laundry, which I left on the bus coming back from the launderette! Naturally I'm feeling like an idiot but I'm also more than £100 poorer (though I'm not especially poor, I could do without losing that much money) and feel a lot more vulnerable, as I tend to when I've lost something.

The world seems a lot more out of control at these times.

Fellow sufferers, any posts saying you have a similar problem would make me feel better, or offering any advice if you have some solutions.

If anyone feels like call me an idiot, there's no need to; I feel like one already at the moment. (The world seems divided between those who are absent minded and those like my late dad who apparently can't understand how anyone could be).

Thanks in advance,

Graham .

PanchoGoz
22-08-13, 21:21
No, I'm the same a lot of the time, wandering round the house wondering why I'm wandering round the house

Leem
22-08-13, 21:55
I do it all the time, pretty common. My missus does it, my mates do it, we all do it at some time or another I think. Your not an idiot, you sound like anyone else I have met to be honest. I actually know a professor, top intellectual, who would lose his head if it were not screwed on! Dont over analyse it or beat yourself up. Like Pancho says, I also walk around my house trying to remember why I am doing so! Am I looking for something.... ha

graham58
22-08-13, 22:23
I do it all the time, pretty common. My missus does it, my mates do it, we all do it at some time or another I think. Your not an idiot, you sound like anyone else I have met to be honest. I actually know a professor, top intellectual, who would lose his head if it were not screwed on! Dont over analyse it or beat yourself up. Like Pancho says, I also walk around my house trying to remember why I am doing so! Am I looking for something.... ha

Thanks (and Pancho too) :)

---------- Post added at 22:23 ---------- Previous post was at 22:00 ----------

Just found my wallet, it fell out of my bag when I picked it up ha ha! Great news, I can hardly believe it.

It must have been in a different compartment of the bag, one I didn't look in before.

Just my laundry to get back now, have to 'phone the bus company in the morning. That'll be fun...

Thanks to you all for your concern anyway,

Cheers,

Graham .

Annie0904
22-08-13, 22:32
Hi Graham..Pleased you found your wallet :) I once went to take my son to a hospital appointment, drove all the way to the hospital then realised I had forgotten to collect my son from school! :doh:

graham58
22-08-13, 23:00
Hi Graham..Pleased you found your wallet :) I once went to take my son to a hospital appointment, drove all the way to the hospital then realised I had forgotten to collect my son from school! :doh:

:) Thanks for sharing that. Hope the appointment went well anyway once you'd both got there.