PDA

View Full Version : crying , someone calm me down.

Gemmal
22-08-13, 21:25
Okay so i have been on here a lot recently with my hodgkins fears.

I don't know why but i did. i googled.

the pain with alcohol is a major issue with me as i am starting to experience it.

I HAVE HAD 18 MONTHS OF HELL . :(

six cbcs , ldh, esr, crp, chest x ray you name it.

i have even put on weight.

today i started itching and have descended into chaos.

why does anxiety do this to me.

doctors tomorrow to demand blood tests to confirm my worst fears.

saab
22-08-13, 22:03
Pain with alcohol is not a common symptom of Hodgkins as far as I know. A much more reliable test is a blood test - which I think you have had. If you have had these symptoms for over a year and had so many tests and checks the chances of you having it are very small I would think. If you had had it for a year, you would be very ill by now.

You have made Hodgkins the focus of your health anxiety and looked for symptoms that fit it. Your anxiety is bluffing you into believing you are ill. Sometimes you have to ask yourself - What would it take to convince me that I am ok? When our health anxiety is at it's worst, the answer is probably that no test or dr can convince us because we are so much on the grip of our anxiety. We lose the ability to look logically at our situation.

What would you say to a friend who has worries but who has had lots of tests which say they are ok? You would say don't worry, you have had the tests, you don't have the classic symptoms, you will be fine.

I have found these books helpful:

Claire Weekes - Self Help for Your Nerves
Richard Carlson - Stop Thinking Start Living
Robert Leahy - The Worry Cure

Hope you feel better soon.

Worrychick
22-08-13, 22:04
Gemma, you sound very anxious, what symptoms are you worried about? xx

Speranza
22-08-13, 22:06
Hi Gemma

Gemmal
22-08-13, 22:24
Oh thankyou everyone! It makes me feel better knowing you are all there.

This is the only symptom , and itching which i 100% think is anxiety!

no nodes, no nothing! even 8 pounds weight gain since January ( unfortunately)

Saab i appreciate that and i do agree just wish my logical head would stay on , i am making these symptoms fit!

Spoke with a doctor online who calmed me down actually using the phrase " no way you have cancer"

lets see how long this lasts :p