PDA

View Full Version : 12 Weeks, Should I Give Up?

adellic
22-08-13, 23:57
Hi All

Just wondering if anyone can offer me any ideas...

I have been on Fluox for 12 weeks now, hit the usual 5 week bump then started to feel heaps better! Could be home alone & with child without panic etc...and feeling way more happier.

But now, I feel like i've gone backwards, The panic dosent last nearly as long as it used to (short intense bursts) but I have gone back to taking my Larozapam, which I had started to wein off, becase of the stupid thoughts that have returned(heart attacks etc).

As well as the meds, I am making some changes like quiting smoking, quiting drinking for a while, excersise, eating healther, meditation ect...(I have only just started making these changes mind you).

My doc has asked me what I think about changing meds since it has been 12 weeks . Now I am really hoping that this is just a BLIP as I do not want to go through the whole drama of giving up/changing meds again (used to be on cit) and now its got me really down. I want to focus on other alternatives before I consider changing meds but I am wondering, what else is out there that may have helped you? (meds wise - and yep, I know everybody is different but im just looking for suggestions/your experiences)...:)

hopefully someone out there in nomorepanic world can help me!

adellic x

Overbeinganxsty
23-08-13, 03:38
I heard drinking makes it less effective . If you've been drinking regularly maybe that's why?