PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming appt with psychiatrist

keepemlaughing
20-10-06, 19:04
Hi everyone. My name is Sheryl. I have suffered with depression for the most part of my adult life. I am an alcoholic/addict in recovery. I have a great job at a college and I fear that my depression will interfere eventually. I started taking Effexor a coupld of months ago and felt worse than ever. The feeling that I would rather this life be over would not go away. (NOt suicidal, just hopeful) I ended up relapsing for a day and trying to run away. I drove 500 miles before I came to my senses and returned to face the music. I cry at least twice a day and feel so depressed. I am raising three young granddaughters (6, 7, 9). Other than my strong faith in God, I have little to fall back on. My appt. with a psychiatrist is on 10/23/06. I want to be put on an antidepressant immediately. Is there anyone who has had phenominal results with anything specific? I have tried Prozac and the Effexor, and dabbled around with many others..but did not stick to anything because I did not feel much better after a few weeks.
Thanks,
Sherl

S. Haworth

manmoor
20-10-06, 19:07
Hi Sheryl,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

keepemlaughing
20-10-06, 19:11
Hi Man,
Are you really in Ireland?? I have red hair and green eyes and would love to visit there someday.
Thanks for the welcome!

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Sheryl,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

<div align="right">Originally posted by manmoor - 20 October 2006 : 11:07:06</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

S. Haworth

tam
20-10-06, 19:13
hi sheryl welcome and you will get loads of advice here.you maybe need to give the meds you decide to try a bit longer than a few weeks,for them to start to work.can you not ask the doctor for medication so they can start working before your appointment?take care tracy:)

nomorepanic
20-10-06, 20:34
Hi Sheryl

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

I was told to give meds at least 6 months to kick in so a few weeks wouldn't do much to help.

The best cure is definitely therapy such as CBT

Hope you get some great support here.

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

honeybee3939
20-10-06, 21:13
Hi Sheryl!

A BIG warm welcome to you, you will find some great Advice here which will help you on your road to recovery.

Hope the appointment with the psychatrist goes well.

love

Andrea
xxxx

clickaway
20-10-06, 22:07
Hi Sheryl and welcome

I beleive that hope, spirit, faith; call it what you will can work wonders for our mental wellbeing.

Be Strong,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

yorkylover
20-10-06, 23:03
Hi Sheryl welcome to the forum,you will get lots of helpfull advise here.Also you will make lots of friends.You are not alone pet.;)

Ellen XX