PDA

View Full Version : health anxiety

violetta
23-08-13, 14:31
I am elderly I live in fear anxiety and depression and think I am either going to die or go mad I am phobic about hospitals going out and my exhaustion, the GP s are fed up with me, at the moment my throat feels sore itchy and I cant swalllow properly although I am eating..:weep::weep: it is bank holiday I am scared because AandE or emergency doctor both at hospital will be too busy I am on isle of man and racing on roads grand prix bikes and they dealing with accidents also hospital inside racing circuit which takes place on normal roads all mental health people are either away or to busy

cokesmyth5
23-08-13, 17:34
Violetta
So sorry to read you are feeling so low. You will definitely find support and understanding here. Do you have someone near you to talk to or you can talk to on the phone? I know when I feel very anxious talking feels like too much effort but it does help. Do you have any medication to help you when you have severe symptoms? I found the articles on this site about coping reassuring when I felt v anxious, it helped me remember the anxiety is horrible but can't hurt me.
Take care