PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attack Over Blood Test In A&E

Edward_1980
23-08-13, 20:02
I'm really starting to panic here.

I was at A&E two weeks ago with Panic Attacks and I had to have a blood test taken along with a urine test. That was fine. I didn't mind the blood test at all because it was a part of being admitted. But now, my vein is black and blue and I think it is "Blown". I've Googled already and the search results have confirmed my fears. I have looked at horrid pictures of "Blown" veins and they are not nice.

Will I die from a blown vein?

I'm really worried now.

Annie0904
23-08-13, 20:08
Quite often the vein goes black and blue after a blood test and it is nothing to worry about. I am sure it will be fine.

---------- Post added at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

Ah my hubby just reminded me...this actually happened to me when I was in hospital and the doctor was struggling to get a blood sample. He left the room and my vein swelled right up. I panicked and my hubby called the doctor back. I had to apply pressure to it. It happens straight after you have had blood taken so I am sure all yours will be is bruising. Mine swelled up like a balloon.

nomorepanic
23-08-13, 20:50
I have had a blown vein Edd and no it won't kill you.

PanchoGoz
23-08-13, 21:31
Sounds like bruising, I had painful bruising after my last blood test. Doctor spurted blood everywhere! Really hurt, that silly man...

Edward_1980
24-08-13, 07:03
Thanks guys,

Was really worried there for a while that it was a blown vein. It serves me right from Googling pictures of them.