PDA

View Full Version : anyone suffer with bad nausea?

ddonaghey1989
23-08-13, 23:29
since ive been a young girl ive suffered with nausea at night time. it use to be every few nights as a child/teen and now (im 24) i get it maybe 3 times a month but it is rly bad i shake for about two hours ans nothing really takes it away. is it anxiety causing this? why? is there anyway to have control over this?

thanks xx

Annie0904
24-08-13, 08:12
Anxiety does cause terible nausea but ibs and food intolerances can also cause it. Make a note of what you have been eating when you are nauseous and see if there is a connection.

ddonaghey1989
24-08-13, 22:23
i dont think its food as ive had it since i was young and it only happens late at night when the house is quiet or when i go to bed. i dont vomit just bad nausea for an hr or so i hate it and dnt no how to have control over it :(

Daisy Sue
24-08-13, 22:58
Try having a couple of ginger biscuits & a cup of cold water - really helps take nausea away :)

PanchoGoz
25-08-13, 12:47
Is it because you are scared of being alone in the night? Or it could be if you are not having enough to eat in the evening you're having hunger sickness.

ddonaghey1989
25-08-13, 22:53
theres times i eat in the evening and other times im not its not making a difference, also water makes me feel worse. i dont know if it means im afraid of being on my own as times im not i just cant put my finger on it at all its very frustrating x

PanchoGoz
26-08-13, 17:42
Yes I bet it is, might be worth chatting to your GP? Pehaps could be acid reflux or something when lying down?

dreamer1989
02-09-13, 03:01
I have been feeling constantly nauseous, after a bout of shingles and just before i go back to work tomorrow. I have been taking 2 tsps of Gaviscon- even tho im sure its anxiety related, seems to help.

Lani89
03-09-13, 08:37
I get this too. I just convince myself that I won't be sick and I don't really feel sick... Sometimes I gag and it relives the feeling. X

kennethman1
07-09-13, 15:50
I get this too. I just convince myself that I won't be sick and I don't really feel sick... Sometimes I gag and it relives the feeling. X

lani 89, same here .....

Worrychick
21-09-13, 19:34
Me too; don't know if its acid (but no acid reflux,but bowel swelling) or because I have perimenopausal maybe or a food allergy but already given up wheat and dairy so no idea....but very annoying, come and goes weeks at a time.

---------- Post added at 19:34 ---------- Previous post was at 19:30 ----------

Annie, do you know much about food allergies??? Waiting to see a nutritionalist, but know that wheat, dairy and tomatoes are a big issue as well as beans.....they all make my bowel swell up.... not sure if its lactose as currently on anti biotics and it has some in but no bloated just the nausea and I think lactose intollerance causes diarreah. Any advice would be welcomed.

PavoCristatus
21-09-13, 21:28
I feel really sick at night sometimes and shake quite violently for a while, can be anything from 30 mins to hours. I just see it as the day catching up on me.. It is definitely just anxiety, and after shaking for a while it goes away again.

Also Worrychick, look up IBS. Your situation sounds very familiar!

Worrychick
23-09-13, 16:50
Thanks Pavo, having blood tests at present but don't think its IBS as I my previous blood tests showed inflammation, its not bloating, its a physical swelling and terrible nausea and it can last for days.....:( IBS you normally get diarreah or constipation and I have normal bowel movement.