PDA

View Full Version : childhood post traumatic stress disorder

janice
20-10-06, 23:52
:( hi im a single mum to three children ages 13 12 and 10yr old.
my 12yr old son suffers with post traumatic stress disorder, depression, panick and anxiety attacks.
does antbody know of any other child or young person that suffers with ptsd?
ive read alot about it and my son recieves help but we dont know of any other child/young person that suffers with ptsd.
i really do need to try and see it from a young persons point of view to see if i can help my son in any other way.
please please get intouch if you can help, thankyou.

janice

Sue K with 5
21-10-06, 00:46
Hi Janice!

thats a very early age for a child to be suffering, although I do remember having anxiety at that age through a difficult childhood trauma and so I can relate to your concerns as I am now a parent myself and when I recall what I went through and how I would handle a situation like that I would have done things so very differantly.

Is your son receiving therapy or any kind of support and for that matter are you ??

Its always so hard to know what to do for the best but I know at that age what I wanted was simple

LOVE
UNDERSTANDING
TRUST
HONESTY
and consistency

so if your giving him all of that then your on the right track i promise you

Dont lose hope I am sure whatever you do will help him.. Hey you came on here looking for help, you have proven you are a great mother who loves her son and will do whatever she has to to help him see this through

Keep fighting

hugs for now

sue
xxx

scknight

yorkylover
21-10-06, 23:08
hi Janice and welcome to the forum.Im sorry to hear about your son.I have had anxiety since I was very young,at school.Im sure someone will be able to answer your questions here.
Take care.

Ellen XX

Lynnann
21-10-06, 23:27
Hi Janice,

I have adult PTSD don't know a lot from the child perspective but if I can be of any help, please let me know.

Hugs to you

Lynnann