PDA

View Full Version : nausea for 3 weeks

KeeKee
24-08-13, 11:50
I have had nausea for 3 weeks with a little break between. I had a stomach bug (diarrhea nd sickness) when I first got nausea. That cleared in about 4 day's but I have been nauseated again for about a week. It's making me nervous I did mention it to the doctor and also said about my fear of ovarian cancer and he said nausea and tiredness (I'm tired alot too could sleep for 10 hours!) could be hormonal. I have anxiety too and he also agreed it could be that. He felt my stomach and said I don't have cancer, which I know can't be diagnosed with stomach examination but I trust him as he knows exactly what I am like!

But I am still worried of possible other causes? I wake up with it on a morning, it usually subsides after dinner and then get again in evenings.

---------- Post added at 11:50 ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 ----------

Anyone have anything similar? I don't think it's stomach related as I'm sat here eating Brie ;-)

KeeKee
24-08-13, 17:36
Does nobody have this?

KeeKee
26-08-13, 10:24
Still feel nauseous again this morning :-(
I do have a bit more wind than normal wonder if they can be related? It's starting to worry me now.

emlica
26-08-13, 10:32
I've had dodgy digestion for weeks now after a stomach bug - been to doctor a few times and she says it's not that unusual for the guts to take a while to get back to normal after a nasty stomach bug. I also thought I was OK for the first few days after the worst of the proper stomach bug symptoms had passed but then started feeling a bit worse again - probably coinciding with when I started to eat normally again! I get nausea mainly in the morning, struggle a bit to eat lunch, but am fine by the evening usually, though my appetite is pretty much non-existent. I also have a lot more gas (presumably the result of my digestive system struggling a bit!) and I think that adds to the queasy feeling definitely. I think some people are just more prone to having stomach bugs cause longer lasting symptoms :( And anxiety will obviously make everything worse on that front as well. If it started after a stomach bug then logically it most likely to be related to that than anything else. Have you tried things like peppermint oil / peppermint tea, or stuff like 'wind settlers' (simeticone, I think?).

KeeKee
26-08-13, 10:45
Hiya, thanks again :-)
Yeah it started with a stomach bug but that was now 3 weeks ago. No I haven't tried those things but I do have peppermint tea in I will give it a shot.
Strangely though is still have an appetite (although not as keen on snacking as I normally am).