PDA

View Full Version : was doing so well then bam here we go again

Natalie2389
24-08-13, 14:09
ive suffered from HA for a while now 2 3 years, im only 24 and it seems its taking over my life, im on meds citalopram (10mg ) had it reduced as thought I was doing ok and didn't want to be on it for life, and propranol 10 mg which I stopped taking again because I was doing so well but now Im back on them, my symptoms are chest pain, left arm pain, headaches, mainly tension type, ibs. im a bit overweight and I do smoke, so im constantly obsessing about my health.. not a day goes by that I don't think am I guna drop dead from a heart attack, what if this happens etc etc, I was doing so well until I lost my granddad in june due to cancer ( which lead me to obsess I then had cancer) but this past 1 week its got worse and I feel as though im back to square one ive had ecgs blood work etc doc says its just anxiety, its hard to believe sometimes, but coming on here does help I think. any tips suggestions has anyone overcome HA. ive been to cbt aswell and had emdr but that has only helped for a short time and I have no more cbt sessions left although I don't think it has really helped me..

any replies appreciated thanks

keaw
24-08-13, 15:56
Have you seen your gp recently? maybe your dose needs upping a bit. I am on 10mg of citalopram too, and still have anxiety attacks about my health,but nowhere near as bad as I was. I lost my dad in march, which I think is what causes a lot of my issues at the moment. I am sorry about the loss of your granddad, its an awful thing to have to deal with on its own,but with ha on top it makes it even harder to cope.x

saab
24-08-13, 16:14
Just because you are feeling like you are back to square one, it doesn't mean that you are. This is really just a set back, a bump in the road. It would be unrealistic to think that the recovery from any mental or physical health issue would be continually upwards. There will always be times when you feel like you are not getting better or actually feel worse.

If anything is going to cause a setback with mental health issues it would be a bereavement. It would be unusual if it didn't. I would try and focus on how far you have come already and try to see that you haven't lost that progress, you have just slipped back a little for a while.