PDA

View Full Version : toe numbness, diabetes.

pinkynicca
24-08-13, 16:07
For the past 6+ years the inside tip of my big toes have been half numb. I'm 26 now I knew nothing about diabetes before a couple years ago, the numbness doesn't affect me at all hence never getting it looked at, I'm terrified of doctors I had an appointment 3 months ago and told her she didn't seem concerned. I also think I urinate a lot but I drink very fast I usually drink a water bottle within 5 minutes I hardly ever feel incredibly thirsty perhaps after a long night of drinking, I also have lots of back and neck pain. Any suggestions besides go to the doctors? I don't have health care and I always fear the worst.

saab
24-08-13, 16:48
I think the blood test for diabetes is quite straightforward - it would be the only way to be certain. I think if you have had diabetes for 6 years you would have more symptoms than you describe. Are there diabetes tests you can buy in the pharmacy that might help?

pinkynicca
24-08-13, 18:55
Ya know I'd say its been about 5 years actually, also I had a thyroid blood test done a few years ago would that have shown diabetes?

nomorepanic
24-08-13, 19:07
A thyroid test won't show diabetes - it is a specific test

AuntieMoosie
25-08-13, 04:21
Well I have to agree with what's already been said.

I'm diabetic with diabetes type 2 and I can assure you that if you've been diabetic for 5 years, you would be having all sorts of symptoms and I would think you'd be pretty unwell too.

To be honest, having toe numbness wouldn't really be one of the first symptoms of diabetes, those sorts of symptoms usually come much later, in fact usually, years later.

No with the unquenchable thirst that you get with diabetes, believe me when I say you would know that something wasn't quite right. I was literally drinking like a fish, pints and pints of water, orange squash, ribena, milk and just about anything else that I could get my hands on and my thirst was still unquenchable!!! So they're not talking about just being a bit thirsty.

If you're still worried you really need to see a doctor and have a proper diabetes test, not just a prick test but a proper test :)

fruity
25-08-13, 13:49
for about 2 years or less can,t remember i,ve had big toe numbnees in my left. but now i,ve got numbness up the side of my leg i,ve had it for 4 days ever since i sat for a long period of time on my leg. i just hope that is it. but as for the toe thing im not sure either.