PDA

View Full Version : What a day! My journey to holiday destination

Annie0904
24-08-13, 17:54
I wasn't as anxious as I usually am before I left for our holiday this morning, just as well as more was to happen to increase my anxiety! All was going well until I looked for my shoes under the stairs. I bashed my head really hard off the wall (I blame my varifocals!) I dropped to the floor clutching my poor head. I hit the top of it and believe me I saw the best planetarium I have ever seen! My husband saw me do it and said I really bashed it hard! Half an hour later and my head still throbbing but I had managed to calm myself down (I will admit I cried!). I noticed the back of my leg had funny little veins on that I hadn't noticed before. I was sure the bash on my head had affected my circulation and went back into panic mode! My husband got a wet cloth and rubbed my leg and washed away the 'veins' saying "I don't know how you have got pen marks on the back of your leg!" :doh:
We finally set off for the 3 hour journey to Cheshire. We hadn't been long on the M6 when we came to a standstill. All 3 lanes full of traffic not moving. I called my son who checked on the internet and told me that a horse box had overturned blocking all 3 lanes. For those of you who know me will know that I have a phobia of horses! I suddenly had visions of horses galloping towards me down the motorway! I jumped back in the car (I was standing beside the car as were most people). I am not sure how bad the accident was and if any horses or people were injured badly or worse...I hope not. We were moving again half hour later. We are finally at our destination and will continue on to Wales on Monday. Well again I felt the fear and did it any way and I have managed to get here even though I had things happen to increase my anxiety :)

Tufty
24-08-13, 19:25
Well done Annie for feeling the fear and doing it :yesyes: It did make me smile though, most anxiety sufferers would of been more anxious being stuck on a motorway in standstill traffic but your fear was of horses galloping towards you, how strange this anxiety malarkey is.

I started Dosulepin yesterday and I don't know of anyone else on this medication apart from you. I know you've been on it sometime now but may I message you about it in the coming weeks if I have any questions?

Sam

Annie0904
24-08-13, 19:38
Yes Sam that is fine...I have been taking Dosulepin for over 10 years. I was taking 125mg this time last year but down to 25mg now :)
Being stuck in traffic wasn't a big problem for me. My first thoughts were anxiety about the car accident ahead, then when I found what it was..the horses and the fact that I had no internet connection :D

ElizabethJane
24-08-13, 19:56
Well done Annie for feeling the fear and doing it :yesyes: It did make me smile though, most anxiety sufferers would of been more anxious being stuck on a motorway in standstill traffic but your fear was of horses galloping towards you, how strange this anxiety malarkey is.

I started Dosulepin yesterday and I don't know of anyone else on this medication apart from you. I know you've been on it sometime now but may I message you about it in the coming weeks if I have any questions?

Sam

I was on dothiepin/dosulepin for about fourteen years. EJ

Tufty
24-08-13, 20:19
Wow so you ladies have over 24 years of experience between you then :D
I don't want to turn Annie's thread into a Dosulepin discussion but couple of quick questions, I'm on day 2 of 25mg so a baby dose and am only taking it at night. How long before bedtime should I take it? It didn't make me drowsy last night but this morning I felt like I'd been out on the tiles all night! so am wondering if I took it earlier in the evening would this help or will the drunk the next day effect wear off soon enough anyway. Also dosage wise, I'm increasing to 50mg in 4 days, what did/do you find is the minimum effective dose? I know we're all different etc. but it'll be good to have some idea of what dose I might need.

Hope you enjoy your night in Cheshire Annie, it's posh up there :D
Sam x

ElizabethJane
24-08-13, 20:32
Hi Sam I found dothepin sedating all of the time I was on it. It is a tricyclic anti depressant so works differently to mirtazapine. I would take whilst in bed and would be fairly zonked in about twenty minutes. I had a very serious mental illness when I was younger so I was on a big dose of dothiepin usually 175mg and up to 200mg. It worked well for me for years and less well laterly. Dr J took me off it very quickly and I have suffered no long term side effects from it. I remember having a dry mouth with it and feeling 'drugged up' but then I was on a big dose. I was taken off it because NICE guidelines tell doctors to wean their patients off it but it is used when other anti ds have failed. It can cause heart problems so your GP may want you to go for an ECG. EJ

Col
24-08-13, 20:33
Sooo glad you made it Annie x

Tessar
24-08-13, 20:49
Hey up Annie..... That was a bit of a day then. At least you made it and those were only pen marks.... Even if you did have a spectacular display inside your poor head. Ouch....!!!!!!! I'm glad you survived your day, onwards and upwards as they say.... You can start enjoying your holiday now hopefully!!!

nicola1980
24-08-13, 20:51
Hope you have a wonderful holiday Annie x x Sam i was on dosulepin years ago too x x

Annie0904
24-08-13, 21:51
Thank you Col, Tessar and Nicola.

Sam I was told to take it 1 hour before bed time. I think 75-100mg is the average dose.

Magic
24-08-13, 22:02
Hope your head is ok now Annie. Enjoy your stay in Wales:hugs:

Annie0904
24-08-13, 22:25
Hope your head is ok now Annie. Enjoy your stay in Wales:hugs:

It is still sore...think it will be for a few days :wacko:

Kim51
24-08-13, 22:33
Hope you have a lovely holiday Annie x

Annie0904
24-08-13, 22:37
Hope you have a lovely holiday Annie x
Thank you Kim x

Bonnibelle
24-08-13, 23:04
Well done Ann. Hope your head is ok now.

Looking forward to seeing you on Monday xx

Annie0904
24-08-13, 23:21
Well done Ann. Hope your head is ok now.

Looking forward to seeing you on Monday xx

Still sore..with a bit of luck it will have knocked some sense into me :) xx

AuntieMoosie
25-08-13, 03:46
Aww Annie now what are we going to do with you??.......bashing your head before going on holiday is against the rules!!! :winks:

I don't blame you for having a cry either, a while ago I managed to bash the top of my head on a cupboard door and that brought me to tears too!!

Well done for feeling the fear and still doing it!!!!! that's the way to go.

I hope you have a lovely holiday now. No more bashing your head though!!!! :winks: :hugs:

Annie0904
25-08-13, 09:27
Thank you Auntie :) My head is still throbbing this morning but I expect it will for a few days yet. Just wondering if we should go to Chester zoo for the day?

Tessar
25-08-13, 10:22
The zoo? You be careful with all those animals Annie. You can't hug 'em all..... And those big pushy cats..... Ooops pussy cats.... They might just BITE!!!!!

dally
25-08-13, 11:42
Annie.
You are such an inspiration.
So glad you post on here xx

Tessar
25-08-13, 13:39
Annie.
You are such an inspiration.
So glad you post on here xx

Too right!!!

Col
25-08-13, 18:26
Good luck with as you journey onto Wales X

AuntieMoosie
25-08-13, 19:12
Did you go to the zoo then Annie? :)

gregcool
25-08-13, 20:03
well done annie for sticking with it again..feel and fight the fear...well done .hope you have a great time

Annie0904
25-08-13, 20:28
Thank you Dally & Tessar & Greg.
We set off for Wales tomorrow morning Col, thank you x
Auntie Moosie yes we went to the zoo :) I really wanted to cuddle a Meercat! The Meercats, Giraffes, Tigers and Lions were my favourites :)

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

My head is still sore :(

Tessar
25-08-13, 21:16
If you saw so many stars when u banged your head, it's no wonder it still hurts!!!!!
I would offer to rub it better but that would just make it sore again!
Meerkats are sooooooooo cool.......

Annie0904
25-08-13, 22:10
I am just hoping I can manage to wash my hair in the morning!

AuntieMoosie
26-08-13, 00:10
Yeah I expect it is still sore hun. It's very tender on top of your head, mine felt bruised for a good few days, try to remember not to scrub with your fingers on the point that you hit your head.

I'm so glad that you went to the zoo, I love animals, all of them really so long as they don't look anything like a snake.......then you wont see the dust behind my feet as I make my getaway :ohmy:

I hope you have a good journey to Wales :hugs:

Kim51
26-08-13, 09:55
Safe journey to Wales today Annie hope hair washing went ok!! Xx

bernie1977
26-08-13, 12:42
Oh Annie you do make me laugh! I'm sorry about your head and hope its not still hurting. You are such a strong lady to get so far in a year. Hope you have a lovely time xx

Annie0904
26-08-13, 20:41
Safely in Wales and hair washed with no further trauma's :D

Tessar
26-08-13, 20:48
Amazing all ok. No traumas! Yipeeeeeeee!!!!

Annie0904
26-08-13, 20:53
Oh apart from me missing Lake Bala!!! I said to hubby "lets stop at Lake Bala for an ice cream" He looked at me and said "We went past Lake Bala 30 minutes ago when you were asleep" :doh:

Tessar
26-08-13, 21:01
Oh typical! You missed the lake and didnt even get an ice cream... I don't know whether to :weep: :weep: :weep: for you or whether to :roflmao: :roflmao: so instead I shall :bighug1:

Annie0904
26-08-13, 21:15
Thank you for the hug but I don't mind you laughing :D

Tessar
26-08-13, 21:24
Thank you for the hug but I don't mind you laughing :D ..... Excellent.... Here we go ..... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Annie0904
26-08-13, 21:24
:roflmao:

AuntieMoosie
27-08-13, 00:44
Annie sorry hun, but I'm just gonna have to join in..........you are a one!!!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :hugs:

Annie0904
27-08-13, 10:32
:D As the saying goes "Laughter is the best medicine"

Annie0904
27-08-13, 17:41
I have felt slightly anxious today. We are staying with friends and I know they are understanding of my anxiety but I think being in someone else's home is making me anxious. My head is still hurting and I didn't sleep too well last night. We are going out for a meal tonight and it is a restaurant I have been to before when we have visited and I was actually the one who suggested it yesterday but getting anxious now. I am still prepared to go. Just feeling really tired and aching head :(

Kim51
27-08-13, 18:01
You will be fine Annie you have come so far, you have inspired me in my battle with what you have overcome. Just relax and enjoy look forward to hearing what you chomped your way through!! It's a shame you head is still sore that must have been one hell of a wack, you don't do things by halfs:D
Have a lovely evening xx

Annie0904
27-08-13, 20:07
Thank you Kim :) I have felt the fear and done it again :) I had Chicken melt in BBQ sauce and ate a good sized portion. Hubby was impressed with the amount I managed to eat. I felt a bit anxious towards the end of the meal so popped out to the loo and out for some fresh air. Now that we are back at the house I am less anxious and not so tired. Head still throbbing a bit but I took a painkiller before we went out.
Watching football now and hoping for a Liverpool win :D

Tessar
27-08-13, 20:24
:D As the saying goes "Laughter is the best medicine"

Indeedio...!

Tessar
27-08-13, 20:39
:footy: :footy: :footy: :footy: :footy: :footy: :footy: :footy: :footy: :footy: :footy: :footy: :footy: :footy: :footy:

Go Annie..... You did well!!!!!!
Cup match eh. Hopefully u will win

:footy: :footy: :footy: :footy: :footy: :footy: :footy: :footy: :footy: :footy: :footy: :footy: :footy: :footy: :footy:

Annie0904
28-08-13, 20:58
I am pleased to say Liverpool won last night. :)
Today has not been a good day for me. I woke up with a headache and it has lasted all day. Our friends asked what we would like to do today and I said walk along the beach. The nearest beach is just 10 minutes away and I thought we would be going there but they took us to one 2.5 hours away and we only had time to walk for about 20 minutes before coming back. Sitting in the car on the country roads made me feel worse and the worse my head got the more I started to feel nauseous which then made me anxious. We were all supposed to be going out for a meal tonight but I decided to stay at our friends house and just made myself a scrambled egg.
At first I felt I had let them all down by not going but I did well to get out last night and I had a tiring day today so To go just to please others would have only made me even worse so I guess I did the right thing.

Tessar
28-08-13, 21:42
Hmmn. I think I would have felt pretty disappointed to go all that way for a walk on the beach when there is one just down the road. Seems an odd thing to do. Most people like to take visitors to their local places of interest......
The last thing i'd want if i had a headache is a long drive.... especially for just a 20 minute stroll. Definitely a disappointment....:weep::weep:
2 things... First off.... Your decision to stay back at your friends house was a good one, it was assertive because you needed to be grounded and get better. You are something sensible that would settle your stomach.
Second.....you haven't let anyone down. No way. Any sensible, sensitive person would recognise you'd not felt well and would recognise you needed to take it easy so could feel better.
Oh & thirdly.....(yeah i know i only said there were 2 things) you are right....... you did well to get out last night & that is a fact. another fact is you did have a tiring day today.
And finally.... you are right.... "To go just to please others would have only made me even worse so I guess I did the right thing" YES YES YES!!!!!! This was you recognising what was the right thing to do and I admire how you handled yourself in this situation. To do what's right for you sometimes does mean being assertive & I know that doesn't come easy to you. That's why you have done really well and deserve a huuuuuuuuuuuge pat on the back (not too huge asi don't want to make your headache worse)

Oh and Yes, finally, finally......At least your team won.:flowers:

Annie0904
28-08-13, 21:46
I must admit I was making myself for anxious knowing that was going to have to break the news to everyone that I wasn't going with them for the meal. they understood but I got myself so worked up about it!

Tessar
28-08-13, 22:20
It's another example of you facing the fear isn't it? But having managed it this time, maybe if there's a next times the future.... You will recall this positive outcome & it'll be a little easier.

dally
29-08-13, 09:45
Hi Annie
I agree totally with tessar
I so admire your assertiveness.
You abso did the right thing by not going for the meal
I haven't got the strength to be as assertive as you, (yet)
but it is what I would've done.
When I was getting cbt, the therapist kept telling me to think what I would advise a close friend to do or say in situations and just do or say in MY situations
So I would've done exactly as you did.
I also would've worried about letting people down
And the lesson learned is. People, generally accept our decisions and move on.
Wish I could. Lol

However, I do think it was a bit unthinking of your friends as they knew you had 1.anxiety and 2. A bad headache.
Enjoy the rest of your holiday xx

---------- Post added at 09:45 ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 ----------

Sorry, I meant taking you for a 2.5 hour drive to beach, instead of 10 mins xxx

Col
29-08-13, 10:56
WOW WOW WOW - Annie i remember i think only a year or so ago - u couldn't even leave your bedroom. Compare this trip to that and it speaks for itself how well you've done. being in a different place friends or not, traveling far away 7 hours i recall u saying, eating out, walking on the beach! Annie you really couldn't behave in a more "normal" way.
As for the headache - anxiety sufferer or not, its enough to make anyone tear their hair out going on a 2.5 hour country road drive. I don't mean to sound off as they are your friends but...... obviously they wanted to make a day of it for themselves hence the long journey to the beach as opposed to their local one - bit selfish if they know how unwell you have been suffering anxiety and what goes with it! EVEN if they don't suffer GAD themselves if your guests are unwell or u have knowledge they have been unwell, you really would want to make them feel as comfortable as possible in whatever capacity. SO I'M GLAD - u put your foot down after a day like that and passed on the meal.

:bighug1:

Kim51
29-08-13, 10:59
Annie hope you have a better day today and your head is feeling better.xx:bighug1:

Annie0904
29-08-13, 18:57
Thank you Tessar and Dally and Col you are right, this time last year I wouldn't leave my room. We have moved to another place tonight on our way back home and are in a B&B It is lovely and I am a bit more relaxed. A big challenge tomorrow...I am going up Mount Snowdon in a train!! :scared15:

Col
29-08-13, 21:08
:emot-worship::emot-worship::emot-worship:

Annie if u Do mount snowdon - from how you've been I will be utterly speechless.

GOOD LUCK X

Annie0904
29-08-13, 21:35
We bought the tickets ages ago so that is an incentive to do it...I hate wasting money! I will most likely have my eyes closed for the journey :) I will try to take some pics :)

Tessar
29-08-13, 22:48
Yay PICS Annie, OICS, er no I definitely typed PICS!!!!!! (& lots of them)

Annie0904
29-08-13, 22:51
Lets hope it won't be a foggy day :scared15: Oh well what did I say earlier...Feel the fear and do it!

Tessar
29-08-13, 22:52
Quite!!!!

Remember, you made it in the plane..... You can do it Annie I know you can. Dare I say "I feel it in my water"!??:wacko::scared15:

AuntieMoosie
30-08-13, 00:46
Go on Annie! You CAN do it hun.

Have a lovely time on the train, take in all of those beautiful views, you'll be so captivated, they'll be no time for anxiety :)

Don't forget the pics hun :hugs:

Annie0904
30-08-13, 09:42
I was quite calm about this trip up the mountain, thinking of it as one of those little children's train rides round an adventure park. After listening to people in the breakfast room at the B&B this morning I am becoming a little more apprehensive :unsure: Some of them went up yesterday. They walked though so the train ride will not be so scary, right? :unsure:
Thank you for your encouragement Tessar and Auntie Moosie :)

bernie1977
30-08-13, 09:53
Wow Annie you have done so well going on this holiday. As others have said its amazing how far you have come in the last 12 months, yours is definitely a success story. I'm so pleased for you.

You're invincible Annie you'll be ok on that train. Just think about the amazing views that await you when you get off. Enjoy xx

Annie0904
30-08-13, 10:12
Wow Annie you have done so well going on this holiday. As others have said its amazing how far you have come in the last 12 months, yours is definitely a success story. I'm so pleased for you.

You're invincible Annie you'll be ok on that train. Just think about the amazing views that await you when you get off. Enjoy xx

Looking up at the mountain at the moment, I am not sure I will see anything other than a sea of mist :D I am hoping it clears for this afternoon.

bernie1977
30-08-13, 10:13
Fingers crossed it does as it's beautiful up there Annie

Edward_1980
30-08-13, 11:59
Well done for getting there Annie. Hopefully you have a lovely holiday :)

Annie0904
30-08-13, 18:26
:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:: curse::curse::curse::curse::sad::sad::sad::sad::sa d::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:
We waited over an hour for our train only to be told it wouldn't be going up because it had got too windy up there. I have to say I was really disappointed. We had our money refunded and ended up going on a little steam train ride along the lake and back.

---------- Post added at 18:26 ---------- Previous post was at 16:03 ----------

I am actually feeling more stressed and anxious that we didn't get to go than I did about thinking about going :doh:

Tessar
30-08-13, 21:33
Don't forget the pics hun :hugs:

Hmmmnnnn the pictures....... A whiter shade of pale....:lac::weep:

Oh Annie wot r we to do with you my little anxious, stressed one huh, huh:wacko:??

2 things.... First when the journey's over, you'll be ack home & relaxed coz of that and Second, you'll be cuddled up with your kitties before you know it!

Annie0904
30-08-13, 22:01
Yes this time tomorrow I will back home with my little kitties :)

AuntieMoosie
31-08-13, 02:11
Aww Annie I'm so sorry that you didn't get to go on your train trip, how disappointing.........and I'll have no pics now :weep:

Don't get all stressed out about it though hun, it's one of those things and as it was done for safety reasons, we'll let them off..........for now!!! :winks:

I hope you have a safe journey home hun :hugs:

Annie0904
31-08-13, 14:27
Well I woke up this morning determined to get up that mountain before going home! We packed the car and called at the station. A man in a group had 4 spare tickets for the 10am train as 4 of the party hadnt turned up. We bought 2 from him. Really pleased we got to go up. Will post pics for you later auntie. Sat nav says we will be home at 16:49 :)

bernie1977
31-08-13, 15:08
Glad you got to go up Annie. Wishing you a safe journey home x

Annie0904
31-08-13, 18:44

Col
31-08-13, 18:53
wow - great pics x

Tessar
31-08-13, 19:58
Loving the pics Annie .... Well one MRS BRAVE .... Your determination is brilliant, it's an Inspiration reading your posts.

Was your sat nav correct? Or maybe you got home at 16:50?

Kim51
31-08-13, 21:02
Well done Annie you went you conquered and you achieved so proud of you, you have spurred me on xx:bighug1:

Annie0904
31-08-13, 22:06
Thanks everyone. I was nervous about going up the mountain yesterday until I found out I couldn't go, then today I just became determined I was going to do it before we came home...not one bit anxious this morning :D
The sat nav changed as we needed a toilet stop :)

Tessar
31-08-13, 22:40
Thanks everyone. I was nervous about going up the mountain yesterday until I found out I couldn't go, then today I just became determined I was going to do it before we came home...not one bit anxious this morning :D
The sat nav changed as we needed a toilet stop :)

They should modify the software to take into account all sorts of ailments and conditions.... Nervous travellers included!

AuntieMoosie
01-09-13, 00:47
Oh Annie I'm so happy that you got your special train ride hun :)

Well done you for facing the fear and just doing it :yesyes:

Your pictures are beautiful. I had to have a little giggle at the one with the sea gull........those pesky things get everywhere!!!! lol

I'm glad you're home safely now........so.............question is...........what you got planned to do next???? :winks: :hugs:

Annie0904
06-09-13, 21:39
I couldn't believe a seagull at the top of Snowdon!
I am going to Rome at the end of this month :)

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

Sorry Auntie Moosie I have to admit that I panicked when I saw Shakey's thread and thought I hope I haven't ignored anyone and checked my threads :) I had somehow missed your comment :)

AuntieMoosie
06-09-13, 23:07
Seagulls!!...........they get flippin everywhere :roflmao:

No worries Annie :D That thread wasn't about missing the odd one or two posts, I'm sure we all do that from time to time, it's very easy to do when you're on a fast moving forum hun :) :hugs:

---------- Post added at 23:07 ---------- Previous post was at 23:04 ----------

Oh I just saw that you're off to Rome :D

I love Italy, I've never been there but I like anything Italian and I love Italian people, very friendly and very welcoming :D :hugs:

Annie0904
06-09-13, 23:11
My daughter in law is Italian :)