PDA

View Full Version : Worried about Performance Review at Work

shyoldguy
24-08-13, 19:57
Hi,
I have an annual performance review at work coming up. I'm in a weird situation in that I do work for one team, but I'm line managed by another. The team i do the work for have sent their appraisal and I've seen a copy. They say I'm making too many silly mistakes such as not checking formulas on my spreadsheets.

I think I've got to provide an answer to this and say how I'm going to stop making mistakes. Problem is that I always seem to spot mistakes after the event. I get worried about mistakes but never seem to identify the ones that matter. I've a week before my review and right now I don't now what I'm going to say to manager.

Col
24-08-13, 20:43
Maybe if you stop worrying so much and relaxed youd make less mistakes. Credit to you for admitting your aware of what your doing wrong.

Perhaps saying it worries you that much & u want to get things so right, the expectation to get stuff right sometimes gets u a bit flustered.

Good luck.

shyoldguy
02-09-13, 21:40
You're right, I think I start getting nervous when someone points out a mistake and that gets me paranoid.

Maybe my mind is working too quickly. If i write down all the things I need to do then that may slow my down enough that I actually look at what I'm doing. Also, make sure I don't miss anything out.

If I slow down, i won't make so many mistakes in the first place, so I won't get so nervous.