PDA

View Full Version : Unruputured brain aneurysm

roxy90
25-08-13, 14:38
Yesterday I got a huge pain when sniffing and sneezing and its not stopped since. Headache is mild but gets worse when I sneeze, cough.etc. Its mainly on one side.

I went to the OOH Gp who did some.tests like walking in a line, pushing and pulling, looking in my eyes etc said.they were.all fine so he didn't think there was anything serious

However at the ene.he.went but.if it gets worse you.start to vomit blurred.vision.etc.rush straight to.A and E. Now im completely and utterly terrified that I could have an.aneurysm about to burst.

Can a headache when.coughinf sneezing etc be.caused by.an.aneurysm? Why.would he.need.to say.that if there.was nothing wrong??

---------- Post added at 14:38 ---------- Previous post was at 13:01 ----------

I just want to.run to A and E im so scared but I cant :(

nomorepanic
25-08-13, 14:53
If he thought it was serious he would have sent you to hospital there and then

I am sure you will be fine

Fishmanpa
25-08-13, 15:17
Sniffing, sneezing, sinus pressure and pain? Honestly, it sounds like sinus congestion. Perhaps a decongestant/analgesic would be in order?

You mentioned in another post that the pain worsens when you bend over and that is totally indicative of sinus congestion. I'm an allergy sufferer and have had the same thing many, many times in my life. I assure you it wasn't an aneurysm.

As Nicola said, if the doctor felt it was serious he wouldn't have sent you home.

Positive thoughts and prayers.

"T"

KeeKee
25-08-13, 15:57
He is just doing his job. Basically it's like you going to A&E with chest pain and them finding nothing wrong, they would probably say come back if it gets severe. It doesn't mean it will.

roxy90
25-08-13, 16:34
Thank you all for your replies :)

Everyone has suggested its a sinus problem but apart from odd sniffles I dont have any symptoms of sinusitis, no.fever no pain around the sinuses no proper cold etc. Also the pain when i.cough/sneeze etc is mainly in one side, above my temple towards the back of my head

Google brings up mainly brain tumors and aneurysms,.and basically.that headaches like that are huge.red.flags,.which.scared the living.daylights out of me.

Now.im getting pains in.tge back of.my head.and the side
Pains down.my arm.and.back im super scared.

I guess.that.an.optician and.doctor.would see any signa.of.brain.pressure when.they're looking? Im.convinved im.going to die its awful :(

aggiecuttler
25-08-13, 18:00
brain tumour headaches would not go or wane it would stick around all the time and pain killers would not touch the pain, vomitting would oftain accompany the headaches i would say does not sound like a brain tumour blessings

roxy90
25-08-13, 21:21
Thankyou.everyone I really appreciate this. My.headache seems to have eased but im.getting mild pains around.the.back.of my.head. If it was an unruptured aneurysm would I have.other symptoms? Sorry.to.go.on and on x

---------- Post added at 21:09 ---------- Previous post was at 18:33 ----------

Okay, one more question (sorry!) if a brain aneurysm was leaking would I.know.about it? I just remember a few weeks ago I had a rocking headache with.vomiting I assumed it was a migraine as.it went.in the.morning.

But now.ive.just read.something that.says.you could.have.one headache.from a leaking aneurysm and br headache free for weeks until it fully ruptures,.now im wondering if that's.what.happened. Would the gp pick up a leaking aneurysm?

---------- Post added at 21:21 ---------- Previous post was at 21:09 ----------

This headache was 5 weeks ago.