PDA

View Full Version : Missed beats and shortness of breath.

Liz2010
25-08-13, 13:20
Hi I'm new here. I've suffered from anxiety for most of my life. I suddenly started having ectopic beats (pvcs) after going to see numerous cardiologists and having numerous heart tests done i accepted them and funnily enough they soon disappeared. I actually had 3-4 year break from these dreaded things but unfortunately they are now back but they are a lot more worse. In addition to this I have started to have breathing problems too. It's not that I can't breath it's more like I need to continuously take deep breaths to get enough oxygen. I sometimes yawn to help me. I've been doing this so much that my chest is sore now. It's like I can't get enough air in so I have to take extra deep breaths.
I went a&e and told them about my missed beats they did ecg listen to my lungs and heart and sent me on my way. I asked the docs about the shortness of breath and they said that my lungs and heart sounded ok.
Please advise if you have any idea what's going on. I truly am depressed again because of these symptoms.

Pinktel
25-08-13, 13:57
Replied on your other thread, and pmd you but wanted to add that the main enormous aids for me have been the CBT4panic in my signature, following the horizon documentary rainy brain sunny brain program (see recent post by me in health anxiety section) and practising daily mindfulness meditation.

The CBT was something I have tried over the years, it has helped without doubt.

But the horizon documentary really opened my eyes, it wasn't something I have ever been into or really believed could help (the meditation) but it has opened my eyes to the power of mental strength and how lacking in it I was. With mental strength I feel able to overcome so many things that for years have been beyond me.

You have been told your heart is structurally sound, therefore look after it as best you can with diet and exercise and concentrate in tackling the anxiety surrounding the symptoms rather tHan the actual symptoms.

countrygirl
25-08-13, 22:18
The breathlessness sounds like the sort you get with anxiety, have you read the symptoms on left side of page it gives a really good description of air hunger that fits your description perfectly. Also the anxiety will make your ectopics worse as well. If you get a run of ectopics one after the other this can make you feel faint and breathless as well but again they are not harmful even thought they feel very harmful!!!