PDA

View Full Version : how long can a brain aneurysm leak for?

roxy90
25-08-13, 21:55
Im sorry to post yet another thread. I'm genuinely.frightened and want to beg someone to give me a CT scan.

5 weeks I had an.awful headache with eye pain.and.vomiting. Everyone said it was a migraine and it had gone by the morning so I didn't worry. I have not had another headache like it since.

Now ive just read something that said people can.have.a.leaking aneurysm that causes one headache, be symptom.free.for.weeks until it.suddenly burts. Im beyond terrified.that the aneurysm leaked 5.weeks.ago

Would it have burst by now? A.doctor.checked my eyes yesterday and wasnt.worried but.im now.shakimg in.fear

---------- Post added at 21:55 ---------- Previous post was at 21:44 ----------

I am genuinely trembling with fear, can anyone help????

Sydney100
25-08-13, 22:03
I have never heard that!! A friend of mine had a brain haemorrhage and it was an extremely severe headache etc and was soon recognised as serious. Thankfully she made a full recovery. But has for a slow leak.....never heard of it xx

roxy90
25-08-13, 22:07
Thankyou. So much. This was a nasty headache, vomited once and it.hurt to lay, on.one side etc.exactly like a.leaking aneurysm. Unfortunately I google everything, and it.said you can.have.one.headache.and be symptom.free for.weeks til.it properly ruptures. God.i.am so.completely terrified.that.this.has.happened to me :( glad your friend recovered x

Fishmanpa
25-08-13, 22:30
"I am genuinely trembling with fear, can anyone help????"

Strawberry,

This site, like other health forums can offer information and support. The members give of themselves and their experiences in an effort to advise, help and comfort those in distress. For that purpose, it's invaluable. In the short time I've been perusing the pages here, I've seen so many reaching out to one another helping each other overcome the beast called anxiety. I can't say I truly have a grasp on it as other than a few isolated experiences in my life I don't suffer from it. I can however, view it from a different perspective and offer an opinion.

Ultimately, we're not doctors or diagnosticians. Even if we were, we cannot tell you what's going on from a description of symptoms. You're obviously distressed. I read in another post that you stopped taking your meds knowing it would aggravate your HA. It would seem to me that is counterproductive. Going back on them and allowing them to work would be beneficial IMO.

Otherwise, the only way you're going to get help it to visit a medical professional that's experienced in situations such as you describe. That's only going to happen in the real world, unfortunately not on a website.

Best wishes, positive thoughts and prayers.

"T"

roxy90
25-08-13, 23:00
Thankyou. I wasn't asking anyone to.diagnose me. I just wondered if an.aneurysm could leak and.not.rupture within 5 weeks.

I know stopping my.tablets was wrong,.unfortunately I am in a.vast amount of daily pain which I do not believe is all attributed to.anxiety.

nomorepanic
25-08-13, 23:18
Did you stop the drugs suddenly without withdrawing properly and when was this?

roxy90
25-08-13, 23:22
I was only on them for two/three weeks, I went.back to the doctors as I was still in.a.great deal of pain
He.upped the dose without even looking me over, it felt like.saying iI was.anxiety was.just.fobbing me off and that was at the beginning of this month.

nomorepanic
25-08-13, 23:36
ok thanks for explaining that

swajj
26-08-13, 11:21
If you had ananeurysm you wouldn't be sitting there typing. Are you seeing a counsellor? If. Not then you should. I think most HA sufferers can identify with the brain tumour fear. I went through it several times. I remember the persistent headaches and the thoughts that came with them "how can this possibly be anxiety, there is no way that a headache this bad, which goes on for weeks can be just anxiety so it must be a brain tumour." The more you think this way the more tense you get and this makes the headache persist.

roxy90
26-08-13, 18:32
Im going to book with a counsellor tommorow I think. I cant carry on living in this fear.

I wasnt saying I.had a.ruptured aneurysm now, I meant I.had a.severe headache 5 weeks ago.and.have.read about leaking aneurysms causing one headache then.nothing for.months.until rupture, so I was wondering whether the.headache 5.weeks ago could have been a leak :(

aggiecuttler
26-08-13, 18:45
ok so do you still have a headache or not, the 5 week threw me, terrible headache with vomitting is a concern and if you were still having these symptoms i would say go to A&E and get an MRI, unless you have migraines with vomitting as standard, so if you still have the symptoms get to accident and emergency and get them to scan you blessings

roxy90
26-08-13, 18:48
Hi sorry no I.don't have the headache anymore, it went the.next morning and not had another one since x