PDA

View Full Version : Nightmarish time trying to sleep last night.

JCRyanDenton
26-08-13, 10:42
Last night was a freaking nightmare for me. I had a pounding heart along with the fluttering/thudding sensations and it took me hours to sleep.

I was going out of my mind. At one point i even felt a "electrical" sensation (not a zap, but a radiating sensation) between my two lower ribs and a feeling of lightheadedness that lasted for only around 3 seconds thank god. But this scared the hell out of me and the last two nights have been like this (with sleeping problems).

But for crying out loud, all my x rays and ECGs came back alright. Why the hell is this happening?!

One thing to note, i started taking Sudafed for my congested sinus on the first day of the sleeping problems...connection perhaps?

aggiecuttler
26-08-13, 19:52
sometimes medications can have an effect i would have a look at the sudafed and see what adverse effects it can cause, try not and make going to sleep to much of an issue, just read or distract yourself until you drop off it will take your mind off of sleeping issues, i hope you have a good night sleep well blessings

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:49 ----------

i had a look on the internet and some people do mention sleep problems and racing heart so i think you are on the money in regard to your theory its the sudafed so maybe take a break from it best wishes nite nite

JCRyanDenton
26-08-13, 19:54
sometimes medications can have an effect i would have a look at the sudafed and see what adverse effects it can cause, try not and make going to sleep to much of an issue, just read or distract yourself until you drop off it will take your mind off of sleeping issues, i hope you have a good night sleep well blessings

I won't take sudafed anymore, read up about it and many reports of similar cases of rapid heart beat and sleeping issues. I was also very active in the mind and was sort of going crazy.

I made another post about feeling nausea today and having a lack of appetite...luckily these feelings went as the went by (was able to eat in the end). The thumping hasn't occurred so much today and i am having calm episodes...but how i will sleep tonight is another matter.

Going to try something that may help me sleep, and change my blanket to a thinner one so the heat won't get to me.

Kate 1956
26-08-13, 20:14
Anxiety as you know can bring on scary sensations in the chest and heart area. These have even woken me up on numerous occasions after falling asleep. Diaphragmatic breathing and total acceptance will ease the sensations. easier said than done I know.....but it does work. Fear is capable of all sort of frightening terrifying physical symptoms. See it as a bully and tell it to push off!!!!!!

JCRyanDenton
26-08-13, 20:55
Anxiety as you know can bring on scary sensations in the chest and heart area. These have even woken me up on numerous occasions after falling asleep. Diaphragmatic breathing and total acceptance will ease the sensations. easier said than done I know.....but it does work. Fear is capable of all sort of frightening terrifying physical symptoms. See it as a bully and tell it to push off!!!!!!

I know, but i often have other issues that make this hard (lack of social contact for one...positive social contact that is) for me. I will try tonight and hopefully should be a little better since i am feeling a little calmer :D.

---------- Post added at 20:55 ---------- Previous post was at 20:34 ----------

Also, the flutters/thumps are not occurring too much today, i guess im getting calmer.