PDA

View Full Version : Leg weakness...swollen glands...

belle
21-10-06, 12:56
....I have a swollen lymph node on the left side of my groin, its horrendously painful and in bed at night there is no way i can make it comfortable, and now, on top of that, its started effecting my whole leg. I've noticed (and the only way i can describe it is), when you have pins and needles...BEFORE the pain sets in you have a funny fuzzy feeling and that is what i have and also, it feels really weak. I was just walking in sainsburys and it kind of "gave way".

Of course i am getting worried now!

Sarah

saintdee
21-10-06, 13:14
hiya, i have had tender gland in the right side of my groin a couple of times in my life, it due to big spots/boils on top of me leg, that made the gland sore just like whan you have an infection in your throat your glands swell, for peace of mind head to dr,s for reasurence.x

Hexia
21-10-06, 13:18
I've actually had that exact same thing. I think what happens is that you place your leg in a different way when you are trying to get comfortable in bed. And you also walk in a different way because of the pain.
This means that you are using your leg in a slightly different way, sort of a little out to the side. And your leg isn't meant to carry you in that position, so it sort of "gives way".
Anyway, that's what I found, and I am sure it is nothing to worry about.
Remember NOT to touch the swollen gland, as that will only make it bigger and more painful. Leave it alone and it will soon go away.
Take care

"You can't yell loud enough to make me shut up."