PDA

View Full Version : Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma Help?

mischamoonlight
26-08-13, 14:06
PLEASE READ FULL AND BE RESPECTFUL
I am 25, female, generally healthy, I suffer from Depression and health anxiety. I don't drink or smoke, and don't eat red meat, nor have salt. I do consume too much chocolate (but am cutting down). I've been through a lot over the past 6 months, I am alone all the time, my parents both suffer from medical issues, mum-arthritis, blood pressure, knee. Dad was also in hospital 2months ago, and had a stroke last year, so I'm exhausted. All I have is my art, but no motivation, alone all day, unemployed. I also check my symptoms online.

I had a bad virus/viral infection almost 6 months ago, and lingered for a couple of months, runny/blocked nose, coughing, phlegm etc. I've been to the doctors about several other complaints, about chests pains which she said was "Costochondritis". I also found a lump in side of my neck under my left jaw, and she examined me, got blood tests and ultrasound.

Ultrasound came back, radiologist told doctor their was a lump but their was no blood supply to it and nothing further was needed to be done, doctor was satisfied, and said same just to keep an eye out for changes. What I did get terrified about was when she told me my ESR was a little high at (18), but was nothing to worry about.

I also been dentist and had a full head X-Ray, and she said everything was normal. I'd also been doctor about a lump in my cheek, he examined me and said it didn't worry him, but if I noticed any changes etc to come back, but to give it about six weeks if no changes, that it should go down in a week or so.

I don't know how long I had it, but it was only back then I noticed it. It's been four weeks since I went to doctor about the lump in my cheek, he said it didn't worry him though.

Now, it doesn't cause any pain, hasn't gotten any bigger and is very loose, squishy and I admit I have a habit of prodding it because I am always checking and have caused a little pain but when I leave it alone it goes down a little.

Also Thursday I woke up with a slightly dry raspy throat and it eased up that day. The following day I was getting a TETANUS shot because I was volunteering with dogs, and I'm finding today my throat is very dry/raspy and my I have a slight pressured headache. I've no trouble swallowing, even though I've always been OCD because I once choked.

I am absolutely terrified that this is connected to the little lump in my cheek and that the doctor told me to come back in 6 weeks, which it's been 5 and am going on Wednesday to see him.

I looked up about Lymphoma and started to panic, and then cry, then numb with fear. I've only had this raspy throat since Thursday, but I'm putting it all together, and the fact that I had a virus/viral infection 6 months ago, now over the weekend I've had a raspy dry throat, phlegm, cough, and a blocked nose, granted it's eased and wasn't too bad.

I've never been so scared.

nomorepanic
26-08-13, 14:42
Hi

You posted this the other day so just bump that post up for more replies