PDA

View Full Version : We want to help!

Cuppatia
26-08-13, 19:41
Hi guys, I'm Tia. I'm from London and me and my friend have decided to set up a non-profit organisation to help Agoraphobia sufferers deal with their demons by using photography. We are based in South-East London and Kent but will talk to anyone who wants to chat!

The big idea...
We would like to go round individuals houses and get to know them and teach them how to use our cameras and introduce them to photographers, etc. Then, depending on the severity of the Agoraphobia, we would like to take the individual out to take pictures. Even if its just up the road or take them to somewhere completely new.

We don't want to push or make the person feel uncomfortable so there is no time limit. We will help them for days, weeks, months, years until they manage to complete their goal.

Nicole and myself have suffered with Agoraphobia and still suffer with Anxiety so we understand. If any can give me some tips or even would be interested in our business then please contact me!

Much love,
Tia x

AuntieMoosie
27-08-13, 01:31
Well I like any idea if it's to help people to overcome their fears :)

Maybe it's me, but I'm not getting the link between photography and agoraphobia?

I'm just now recovering from agoraphobia, having been completely housebound for years and I just can't imagine how going out and taking photographs would have helped me?

Maybe you could explain in a little more detail please :)

cat85pink
27-08-13, 03:23
Its not something id think could help me, but I can see how it could help someone else, it's something easy to get into, and could help take your mind of your worry & anxiety, and maybes even become a new hobby

Good luck

Cuppatia
27-08-13, 06:12
Photography is surprisingly therapeutic
! We don't expect to help everybody as everyone differs but if we can help just a few we will be very happy. A friend of mine use photography to help her, she had a great fear of bein attacked or raped when outside and at first she would take pictures of passers by to show herself that they wouldn't hurt her and didn't... Then she gave herself little projects to complete such as taking a picture of something related to each letter of the alphabet etc. gradually it's helping her overcome her Agoraphobia :) She wants to visit iconic places that may have a lot of tourist which is a very big step for her!