PDA

View Full Version : The Football thread

NE21 worrier
26-08-13, 20:15
Hi folks,

I thought I would start a football chat thread for anyone interested in the game as I know from some of my threads on the General board that we have a few fans on here.

Personally, I'm a long-suffering Newcastle fan from Blaydon (as in the 'Blaydon Races') who looks set to suffer for another 10 months given the start we've made and the blokes in charge at the top.

Anyway, this thread could be used to comment on matches you've watched or even been to, or just to have rant about the back-page issues of the day. Also, it's the World Cup at the end of the season when a few more of the UK population take their one-in-four-years look at the national team... though that's only if the useless b*ggers make it.

Needless to say, I'm sure the NMP admin don't want anything too inflammatory between rival supporters but I don't suspect that will be a problem as it is not really the atmosphere on these boards anyway.

Happy posting,
Peter :footy:

mikewales
26-08-13, 20:22
I think as long as we keep the Stone Island off the thread it should be nice an peaceful !

ian1982
26-08-13, 20:30
Arsenal fan here, hoping some new signings come soon, not a bad start to the season for us, been watching the games online. Atdhe.eu is the site I use.

bernie1977
26-08-13, 20:31
Stone Island so 90's!!

I'm a long suffering Barnsley fan and this season couldn't have started any worse. Praying that things turn around and sharpish

Annie0904
26-08-13, 20:35
Liverpool :D

Tessar
26-08-13, 21:28
My team are unbeaten..... Amazing after 2 games..... Southampton by the way.... Been a fan all my life through thick & thin. We are watching the Man U v Chelsea game now.

Annie0904
26-08-13, 21:29
I am hoping for a Man U/Chelsea draw :)

Tessar
26-08-13, 21:31
I had to look stone island up, I didn't have a clue what it was...... Obviously I have lead a sheltered life.....

NE21 worrier
26-08-13, 22:11
You got your wish, Annie - and, if you didn't catch the game, you didn't miss much. Totally cancelled each other out.

Yes, Tessar - Saints have begun well, and have been a breath of fresh air in terms of style of play since your PL return. So many memories of Le Tiss from growing up in the 90s...

Janine
26-08-13, 22:50
with you a Newcastle Fan not always easy!

NE21 worrier
26-08-13, 23:47
Good to find a fellow Magpie, Janine!... and aye, it's certainly rarely an easy ride supporting the Toon.

In fact, I often jokingly attribute the whole cause of my anxiety to them :D

Annie0904
27-08-13, 22:04
Liverpool are certainly increasing my anxiety with this match tonight!!

Tessar
27-08-13, 22:19
Le God!!

Annie0904
27-08-13, 22:19
Thank goodness for that! :D

NE21 worrier
28-08-13, 21:01
We are truly, truly.... er, terrible... Best use that word to keep my language clean in this thread - and after another very tough, somewhat demeaning day at work :sad:

Annie0904
28-08-13, 21:51
Ah well Peter...you can relax and smile now :) Well done Ameobi :) My daughter used to play rugby with his sister when they were at Sunderland uni. (my daughter is not the usual rugby player at size 4 :) )

Janine
28-08-13, 21:56
Feel better now, they were not playing well, good result in the end, hopefully they will play better on Saturday.

NE21 worrier
28-08-13, 22:00
Yep, squeezed through thanks to the Ameobi brothers (and two assists from HBA). Leeds at home next is a canny tie, our first home tie for ages and just after my birthday so I think I'll probably go.

Of course, I'll be at SJP for Fulham on Saturday first.

bernie1977
01-09-13, 13:01
Finally! 3 points for Barnsley yesterday. Just about to watch Liverpool V Manchester United.
C'mon United
Sorry Annie :)

Magic
01-09-13, 14:53
I am a Stoke supporter. I go to the home matches sometimes.
My daughter has Season ticket for Stoke and I go free as a carer.
We have a special place to sit and it is not crowded there.
I also like Liverpool. I watch them on TV.
Been to Liverpool many times. I love it there.
I like all football anyway. Manchester City. As I like Manchester.
I like to see famous faces at Stoke from any Club.

Jacsta
01-09-13, 14:59
Magpie fan here....but of the notts county kind ;)

Shocking start to the season....I bet we are the first club of the season to sack a manager!

Gotagetthroughthis
01-09-13, 15:54
Man United are looking so poor at the moment.

Magic
01-09-13, 15:59
I think that too Gota. I know Stoke have gone up in the tables at the moment. But the big teams will be coming soon. :huh:

Annie0904
01-09-13, 16:30
YES!! Liverpool beat Man U...I am soooo happy (sorry Bernie :) )

Speranza
01-09-13, 18:19
I have a friend in tears right now cos of Man U. He's a big strong fella but this isn't good... :(

bernie1977
01-09-13, 19:29
YES!! Liverpool beat Man U...I am soooo happy (sorry Bernie :) )

Can't complain Annie they deserved the 3 points

MRS STRESS ED
01-09-13, 19:33
oh yes come on liverpool:yahoo:

Tessar
01-09-13, 20:43
Yes, well done Liverpool. well done arsenal. Watched these this avvie.
Watching match of the day now. Hmnnnn my team came second.
Man U are adjusting to ferguson going. As long as the management and fans are patient it will work out. Moyes needs time with the squad & since they have money behind them & as a big club, they are bound to get there.

---------- Post added at 20:43 ---------- Previous post was at 20:41 ----------

9th in the table... Can't be bad.

Pity to see Bale leaving the English game.......

Tessar
06-09-13, 20:29
Yes........ LAMBERT SCORES FOR E-N-G-E-R-L-A-N-D....!!!!!!

NE21 worrier
10-09-13, 22:33
0-0 in Kiev. Not a great game but it should do for England who really, really shouldn't screw this up now. Looking forward to a World Cup summer...

BTW, I went to Kiev for the Sweden game (W3-2) in Euro 2012, hosted by Ukraine (and Poland).

Kiev is another wonderfully historic city to visit, looking back at the history of famines in Communism and the Eastern Front in WW2 which was around Kiev for a good period of the war. On a lighter note, the people are friendly, the food is good (from what I had), and the national stadium is big and beautiful with huge walkways around it.

I must admit I didn't eat very well (due to anxiety:wacko:) but the lager (Lviv1715) was nice and I would love to do a football tournament again. Perhaps France in Euro 2016. Tickets will no doubt be harder to come by but if I can get to Ukraine, I can definitely do France (as I have done before on numerous occasions).

Tessar
12-09-13, 10:25
We are all brave in our own way..... see, I'd really not want to go somewhere like Kiev, I'd be too scared! But I have been to other countries I feel safer in (English speaking!). Well, I did go once to somewhere they speak Portuguese. But that was quite hard going. So you did well. And yes I am sure you could get to France. It's good to have something longer term to look forward to as well.

It was grim, the match the other night.... still, at least we did lose!!!!

Magic
12-09-13, 11:31
Stoke City are playing Manchester City on Saturday.
Don't think Stoke will stand a chance,3 of their best players
have injuries:weep:

Tessar
12-09-13, 13:01
man c are either good or pretty rubbish. maybe you'll get them on a rubbish day?

Magic
12-09-13, 14:42
Maybe so Tessa. On Stoke home match days if I don't get to go to the match I am on pins until the score comes up on teletext. Absolutely :wacko::wacko:

bernie1977
12-09-13, 15:00
Hope Stoke win Magic I don't like the lottery winners that are Man City

NE21 worrier
15-09-13, 01:48
Genuinely decent start to the season for the Toon. Seven points off 4 games, an away win already and S*nderland bottom of the league.

Pleasantly surprised, to be honest :)

Tessar
15-09-13, 09:01
Your dig about the black cats made me laugh. My team play later.... Home to west ham.
It's televised as well so I shall be sat there later....

NE21 worrier
15-09-13, 09:22
Your dig about the black cats made me laugh. My team play later.... Home to west ham.
It's televised as well so I shall be sat there later....

Well, I only dig at them because I would expect it back if the positions were reversed! They had a glorious day at SJP in April but I think it might have been 'new manager syndrome' and I'm not sure how Di Canio will do long-term at all. The Toon get their chance for revenge on 27 October.

Today, I think I'm just going to have a lazy day so will be watching the Saints against the Hammers. Should be a decent game, both right next to each other in the table but with eyes on the upper echelons with a good win. It'll be a draw then!:D

Magic
15-09-13, 10:58
Stoke had a draw Bernie as you probably know now.
I had radio Stoke on after the match to listen the "Praise and Grumble".
apparently the stadium was not as full as usual, as fans (or ex fans) have not bought season tickets. a lot of them cannot afford it in the present climate
they may not afford to pay. Anyway on the whole Stoke gave a good performance:)

NE21 worrier
15-09-13, 18:15
Should be a decent game, both right next to each other in the table but with eyes on the upper echelons with a good win. It'll be a draw then!:D

Well, I got the second part right - it was a draw.

But in no way was that a decent game. A pretty horrible one, to be honest, which won't be remembered by the end of the season, or perhaps even next week.

Tessar
15-09-13, 18:40
Stoke getting a point against man c was pretty good. City can b very fickle.
The saints game was pretty bad, at least we didn't lose!

Tessar
22-09-13, 07:48
My team WON.... Away from home... Amazing but I won't mention football to annie0904 :-(

Magic
22-09-13, 10:04
Well Stoke are playing Arsenal away game today. I am on pins already:unsure:

bernie1977
22-09-13, 11:24
My team are sitting at the bottom of the Championship. Playing terribly, worrying times

Annie0904
22-09-13, 11:25
My team WON.... Away from home... Amazing but I won't mention football to annie0904 :-(

:weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::w eep::weep::weep:

clio51
22-09-13, 11:47
My local Derby to man city v man utd come on city !!

bernie1977
22-09-13, 11:49
My local Derby to man city v man utd come on city !!

Come on United beat the GortonGlobeTrotters :D

clio51
22-09-13, 11:52
You from manchester Bernie?

bernie1977
22-09-13, 11:55
No I'm a Barnsley fan Clio but have Manc family. 3 of the lads that died in Munich were local lads so always wanted United to do well.

Magic
22-09-13, 17:03
Well they lost Stoke1 Arsenal3. I new it really.
God bless Ryan Shawcross and his family for putting up with something that happened over three years ago.
Shame on Arsenal fans in the Emirates Stadium today--oh, and the Newspapers
We don't do things like that at Stoke for whatever reason.

Tessar
22-09-13, 17:07
:weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::w eep::weep::weep:

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Annie0904
22-09-13, 17:41
:D

bernie1977
22-09-13, 17:44
I bet Clio is happy with Citeh's performance. I don't like them but what entertainment, pure class today and we've possibly already seen the goal of the season.

Rennie1989
23-09-13, 18:10
Shame about Man United yesterday, I think the husband is still sore about it! I remember Man U losing to City like that a season or two ago, it was torture watching it in a Man City pub!

Anyways I'm a Southampton fan!

NE21 worrier
23-09-13, 22:29
What a weekend I missed while I was away! City thrashed United, perhaps even more convincingly than the 6-1, if that is possible. Liverpool lost at Anfield and the mackems ditched Di Canio.

Naturally, Newcastle lost as well, but that's par for the course nowadays when we play Hull :curse:

fishman65
23-09-13, 23:54
A Toffee here.I was well pleased with our win at West Ham,we always seem to do well there.COYB!!

Tessar
24-09-13, 06:59
Anyways I'm a Southampton fan!

Music to my ears Rennie!!!!!! :yesyes::shrug::yesyes:

Rennie1989
24-09-13, 15:17
Music to my ears Rennie!!!!!! :yesyes::shrug::yesyes:

This is when you tell me your Pompey :ohmy:

Tessar
24-09-13, 21:08
Arrrggggggghhhhhh NO WAY. I am a saints fan.... All my life!!!!

Gotagetthroughthis
24-09-13, 21:42
Man utd fan here. MOYES OUT!

bernie1977
24-09-13, 21:54
Man utd fan here. MOYES OUT!

Bloody hell give him a chance. It took Fergie 3 years to win his first trophy

Gotagetthroughthis
24-09-13, 22:05
Bloody hell give him a chance. It took Fergie 3 years to win his first trophy

Man United were a completely different team when Fergie took over all those years ago, they weren't expected to win every game back then. I'm only joking though I am sticking by him but if we finish outside the top 4 this season it really is going to cost Man utd more than people realise and I can see that happening the way things are going under Moyes.

bernie1977
24-09-13, 22:18
I don't think it's a case of the way things are going under Moyes. What about the Glazers holding those purse strings too tightly and the embarrassing effort in the transfer windows. I think problems lay beyond Moyes. Look at the quality of the squad that won the premiership last year, wasn't very good IMHO. Citeh should be ashamed of themselves for not winning the league last year as they had a far superior side, hate to say it as I don't like them but it's fact

Gotagetthroughthis
24-09-13, 22:41
Exactly but Fergie still managed to win with those restrictions. Its not all Moyes your right, the embarrassing effort in the transfer window is a lot to do with the new Chief Executive Ed Woodward who clearly made a mess of all transfer negotiations. But then again it was said that Ozil was waiting out for United to come in for him as it was his preferred destination but we went and said we didn't want him and signed Fellaini instead, I don't know how much of that is true but if it is then that must be something to do with Moyes.

Yes and you are definitely right about the quality of our squad, we pretty much won the league by default last year as everyone else was so poor. Our squad is the weakest out of the top 4 now.

Moyes needs to stop playing Young for a start, if he cant see how poor he is then somethings not right. We have Kagawa who is a class act and Nani who has signed a new 5 year deal sitting on the bench. When we went 2-0 to City Moyes made no changes at half time and then when we went 4-0 he decided to bring Cleverley on? It just doesn't make any sense. Its like he brang Cleverley on so we could try and hold on at 4-0 and not concede any more goals. Fergie would have brang Nani, Kagawa and Hernandez on and tried to win the game.

To me Moyes just seems a little lost and hes forgetting hes not at Everton anymore. Still for now its in moyes we trust. Rant over lol

Tessar
25-09-13, 07:41
signed Fellaini instead
Dear oh dear ...... :lac: :lac: :lac: :lac: :lac:

bernie1977
25-09-13, 10:52
Exactly but Fergie still managed to win with those restrictions. Its not all Moyes your right, the embarrassing effort in the transfer window is a lot to do with the new Chief Executive Ed Woodward who clearly made a mess of all transfer negotiations. But then again it was said that Ozil was waiting out for United to come in for him as it was his preferred destination but we went and said we didn't want him and signed Fellaini instead, I don't know how much of that is true but if it is then that must be something to do with Moyes.

Yes and you are definitely right about the quality of our squad, we pretty much won the league by default last year as everyone else was so poor. Our squad is the weakest out of the top 4 now.

Moyes needs to stop playing Young for a start, if he cant see how poor he is then somethings not right. We have Kagawa who is a class act and Nani who has signed a new 5 year deal sitting on the bench. When we went 2-0 to City Moyes made no changes at half time and then when we went 4-0 he decided to bring Cleverley on? It just doesn't make any sense. Its like he brang Cleverley on so we could try and hold on at 4-0 and not concede any more goals. Fergie would have brang Nani, Kagawa and Hernandez on and tried to win the game.

To me Moyes just seems a little lost and hes forgetting hes not at Everton anymore. Still for now its in moyes we trust. Rant over lol

Agree with a lot of that. According to a fanzine I read, Red Issue, Fergie tried to sign Ozil a couple of years ago but failed. Haven't had this months issue so will be interesting to read what they say, they're normally spot on with their info

NE21 worrier
29-09-13, 11:53
I'm surprised there wasn't a bump of this thread after some extraordinary results yesterday. Last time the two Manchester clubs lost on the same day was 13-Sep-2008. Granted, they don't often play on the same day anymore but that's still quite something. Also, Fulham's awful home form must put Jol on borrowed time.

Anyway, I'm off to the hallowed grounds of St James Park today for a dinner with the family as part of my (now extended) 30th celebrations. It's the first time that I've went to SJP for Sunday lunch so I hope the food is good.

Then, home to support Liverpool against the mackems - come on, Annie - I hope your boys play well today! Newcastle travel to Everton tomorrow in a very tough game.

Peter x

Mountainclimber
29-09-13, 12:02
MU fan here, whats happening, Moyes in trouble? Sir Alex lost his first six games when he took over. Good to see different battles being played out for top positions, but its early days yet,

Magic
29-09-13, 15:45
Stoke lost at home today:mad: the fans won't be happy

Tessar
29-09-13, 16:08
Wow, my team won again!!!! Yes I was surprised both Manchester teams lost... Bit I wasn't disappointed :blush: hee hee. I shall have the Liverpool match on soon but just doing some stuff first. Must admit I'll be supporting Liverpool.... Sorry if there are any Sunderland fans about.

Rennie1989
29-09-13, 19:33
Wow, my team won again!!!! Yes I was surprised both Manchester teams lost... Bit I wasn't disappointed :blush: hee hee. I shall have the Liverpool match on soon but just doing some stuff first. Must admit I'll be supporting Liverpool.... Sorry if there are any Sunderland fans about.

We're fourth on the table! Imagine, those years ago when we started League One with -30 points, did we ever think we'd be where we are now, NEVER! So proud of the Saints!

Tessar
29-09-13, 20:51
Too right. We have come a long way in a short time!!! Long may it last. Good to start the season well.

NE21 worrier
16-10-13, 21:30
YAY! England are on the list of 2014 World Cup qualifiers:
http://theintrepidreporter.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/world-cup-2014-qualifiers_15.html

(Q) Brazil, Japan, Australia, Iran, South Korea, Netherlands, Italy, United States, Costa Rica, Argentina, Belgium, Switzerland, Germany, Colombia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Russia, ENGLAND, Spain, Chile, Ecuador, Honduras...

Altogether now... "Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl..."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKR2n-G-wdM

Annie0904
16-10-13, 21:47
Was pleased to see Steven Gerrard score a goal last night :D

fishman65
16-10-13, 23:04
Yes!!! England here we go :yahoo:

Tessar
17-10-13, 19:15
Yeeehaaaaah. At least we have got there. All he needs to do now is keep playing the youngsters and bring them on in time for the big tournaments!

Tessar
08-02-14, 18:06
hey "Magic" I see our teams drew today...... (Southampton & stoke) ...... Annie's team won (by miles) ...... Newcastle were pretty bad "NE21" and how come sunderland lost at home to hull after beating Newcastle at st james last week? crazy. but then as greavesie said "its a funny old game".

Annie0904
08-02-14, 18:20
Liverpool Liverpool Liverpool!!!!! We beat Arsenal 5-1 :)

LunaLiuna
08-02-14, 18:45
No no nooooooo!

Sssshhhh Annie! :mad:

NE21 worrier
10-02-14, 23:31
hey "Magic" I see our teams drew today...... (Southampton & stoke) ...... Annie's team won (by miles) ...... Newcastle were pretty bad "NE21" and how come sunderland lost at home to hull after beating Newcastle at st james last week? crazy. but then as greavesie said "its a funny old game".

I think Sunderland fell foul to former manager Steve Bruce desperately wanting to get one over on them.

Newcastle are playing badly at the moment, well since the sale of Cabaye which has coincided with Remy getting himself stupidly suspended.

We're short of goals and confidence, though at least our 37 points already will keep us safe... which is more than can be said about the Mackems...:D

Annie: Liverpool can sure pull off a performance particularly at home - 4-0 against Everton and now 5-1 against Arsenal - definitely back in the title toss-up, though I still think Chelsea will take it. Who's Jose kidding with this "little horse" stuff?!

NE21 worrier
01-03-14, 22:44
Cracking three-goal away wins for Newcastle (and Liverpool, Annie!)

Shame our manager had to spoil it with his braindead touchline behaviour...

Tessar
02-03-14, 12:04
yeah I was thinking of you yesterday, peter, when i heard what pardew had done. not the first time he's done that sort of thing either. no good for football or for Newcastle. I wonder if the FA will throw the book at him? did you go to the match?

we came second yesterday to annies team :-(

good win for stoke, magic.

Annie0904
02-03-14, 13:33
Liverpool in second place now on the league table :) Unfortunately I don't think it will stay that way long :(
Sorry about yesterday Tessar...okay I admit I am not really :)
Good win for you Peter but Pardew is a complete numpty!

Magic
02-03-14, 14:13
Well , Well -Can you believe it! Stoke won yesterday.:D to one of the top teams.:D

LunaLiuna
22-03-14, 13:39
Please someone help me find some optimism for the second half, I can't bare this!

Arsenal are FOUR nil down and we also only have 10 men.

:curse:

Magic
22-03-14, 15:10
OOOPS that's bad news Luna:lac:
Silly me thought Stoke were playing today. It's tomorrow.:huh:

Rennie1989
22-03-14, 17:12
Sucks to be an Arsenal and Fulham fan right now. I say that, I'm playing Spurs tomorrow, eek! Hopefully Man U fair well tonight for my husband.

Tessar
22-03-14, 18:35
my team play tomorrow, magic but they aren't playing yours. so no rivalry!
i'm looking forward to the match, rennie, fingers crossed eh?
disappointed with arsenal result. apparently the ref sent the wrong man off.
annie will be happy as the 'pool won well.

Annie0904
22-03-14, 22:43
Yes I am very happy with the Liverpool win :)

Rennie1989
23-03-14, 10:02
Tessar - I'll be keeping an eye on the live feeds at work, fingers and toes crossed!

Oosh
23-03-14, 10:20
Liverpool Liverpool Liverpoooooooool !
Great fun at the moment. Goalkeepers have nightmares the day before playing us.

Rennie1989
23-03-14, 10:40
Liverpool are storming it! Great win against Man U and Cardiff! I'm going to be working with a very happy Liverpool fan soon :P

Oosh
23-03-14, 11:18
It's all come out of the blue. We were eighth last season.

I think I'm falling in love with Brendan Rodgers. I've started to get the urge to have his face as the wallpaper on my phone. That's not normal is it.

Rennie1989
23-03-14, 11:32
You do what ever makes you happy :D

Tessar
26-03-14, 20:43
It's all come out of the blue. We were eighth last season.

I think I'm falling in love with Brendan Rodgers. I've started to get the urge to have his face as the wallpaper on my phone. That's not normal is it.

Regardless of normal or not (:winks::lac::winks::ohmy:) it made me smile!

And they r winning......

Oosh
06-04-14, 15:14
God of football, whoart in football heaven,
Hallowed be thy football.

Give us this day, lots of goals in west hams net
And deliver us 3 points

For you are mighty football god
With great hair and clothes sense
All hail almighty football god

Amen

fishman65
06-04-14, 15:47
Yes!!! 3-0 COYB!!! :)

Annie0904
06-04-14, 16:16
Come on Liverpool!!!
Oh Peter yesterday was not a good day for you and I really wanted Newcastle to win.

Magic
06-04-14, 17:10
Stoke played well but not good enough :unsure: yesterday

Tessar
06-04-14, 21:27
Well, sadly my team came second yesterday and did not do Liverpool any favours, we were cheated as city's 2nd goal was clearly offside. And we lost Rodriguez to a bad injury. Glad the 'pool won. Anyone seen? Hughton's been sacked. Norwich are mad......

Oosh
07-04-14, 13:43
Well, sadly my team came second yesterday and did not do Liverpool any favours, we were cheated as city's 2nd goal was clearly offside. And we lost Rodriguez to a bad injury. Glad the 'pool won. Anyone seen? Hughton's been sacked. Norwich are mad......

Nice one Norwich. Sack all your players now too so we get a guaranteed 3 points when we play them in our last five games *cough*In our title winning season*cough*

Tessar
13-04-14, 07:28
:footy: -- :footy: -- :footy: -- :footy: -- :footy: -- :footy: -- :footy: -- :footy: -- :footy: -- :footy:

POOR WIGAN....but they did really well. who is going to win today's FA Cup Semi?
Quite like Sheffield to as they were the team supported by my lovely friend.
would have been his birthday in a couple of weeks :-)

My team lost yesterday shhhhhhh. but we are still in good shape.

its very close at the bottom and top of the table, anyone getting nervous about their team?

As regards the top.......C'mon Liverpool I'd like you to win today!!!

:footy: -- :footy: -- :footy: -- :footy: -- :footy: -- :footy: -- :footy: -- :footy: -- :footy: -- :footy:

Annie0904
13-04-14, 10:29
Hmmm I would like Liverpool to win today too. I am so anxious today, I will be doing a craft stall while the match is on which is probably a good thing as I don't think I could cope with watching the match :scared15::scared15:

Magic
13-04-14, 14:44
Although I support Stoke. I do like to visit Liverpool. The people are so friendly.
I wish them well todayx

Rennie1989
13-04-14, 16:49
My manager is a Liverpool fan and a very happy one right now! I can't stand Man City so I had to cheer on Liverpool. I'm so glad they won!

As for Southampton, well..... what can I say?

Annie0904
13-04-14, 17:10
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::c loud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::clo ud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud 9::cloud9::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happ y::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

Oosh
13-04-14, 19:56
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::c loud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::clo ud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud 9::cloud9::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happ y::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

Yayyyy
Libpool Libpool top of the league, Libpool, top of the league !

I don't know whether I can stand another four games of this.

Tessar
14-04-14, 21:56
Anyone would think u 'pool fans r on cloud9 :-)

Annie0904
14-04-14, 22:04
I still have a smile on my face a day later :)
Tomorrow will be a day to remember the 96 on the 25th Memorial of Hillsborough.

Tessar
14-04-14, 22:11
Absolutely. It might have been 25 years ago but it really was the most horrible thing to happen. it touched so many people's lives. Also for something so bad to come out of a day that was intended to be exciting and memorable.

Catherine S
14-04-14, 23:43
They'll never walk alone :flowers:

Tessar
05-05-14, 22:04
Gutted, I'm not a Liverpool fan bit I really wanted them to do it.
Miracles? Do they happen? C'mon Villa & West Ham.....

Annie0904
05-05-14, 22:43
:weep:weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::we ep::weep::weep::weep::weep:

Tessar
11-05-14, 15:48
H dear, the matches r not going the way I hoped :-(
C'mon Liverpool. Play with pride.

Annie0904
11-05-14, 15:57
They are not going the way I had hoped either...COME ON LIVERPOOL, COME ON WEST HAM!!!!!!!

Tessar
11-05-14, 16:09
There aren't many times I support Liverpool or west ham but today's ones them!

Now....come on............. West ham & 'pool.... Play :footy::footy::footy::footy::footy:

Don't want Annie :emot-crying: :emot-crying: :emot-crying:

Oh dash it.....Bloomin' City...:redcard: :redcard: :redcard: :redcard:

Annie0904
11-05-14, 16:20
:weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::w eep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::wee p::weep::weep::weep:

Tessar
11-05-14, 16:21
Hoooo bloody raaahhhhhhh 'pool scored

Annie0904
11-05-14, 16:29
:yesyes::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

---------- Post added at 16:27 ---------- Previous post was at 16:23 ----------

Sorry Peter this is your thread and you support Newcastle but you do understand don't you? :D
Newcastle are 1 man down :)

---------- Post added at 16:29 ---------- Previous post was at 16:27 ----------

Oh dear this is too much for my poor fragile nerves!!!!:wacko:

Magic
11-05-14, 18:17
I would have liked it to be Liverpool to win the cup.Sorry Annie!:weep: Stoke are No 9 in the tables. Not to bad at all under the new manager.:)

Annie0904
11-05-14, 18:24
At the beginning of the season I just wanted us to get into the top 4 and we ended up 2nd so I have to say I am very happy with that and we ended with a win today (sorry Peter)

Tessar
24-05-14, 08:23
IT's TONIGHT FOOTBALL FANS..........

UEFA Champions League Final Live:
Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid
ITV 7:00pm - 10:15pm

I am a Gareth Bale fan so I want Real to win. I've seen Gareth play and he really is amazing.

Primarily though I'd like to see an entertaining match and no play acting or diving (yeah right).

Annie0904
24-05-14, 08:24
Well that's my night sorted then :)

Caius
24-05-14, 18:40
It's only a game they say... so why do I feel like absolute crap because Derby lost?

Hate football sometimes.

Tessar
24-05-14, 19:48
Because you were pipped at the absolute post, that's why, caius.
I cannot believe what happened. I was sitting there expecting extra time. Commiserations.

---------- Post added at 19:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:30 ----------

And they're off.......

---------- Post added at 19:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:48 ----------

Give the ball to Bale......

NE21 worrier
17-08-14, 13:41
Just reviving this thread for the new season as I'll be shortly heading out for the first NUFC match :footy:

Shaking with adrenaline, stomach turning a little. I've managed to eat some breakfast - but I suspect I will be hungry later when the excitement dies down and the inevitable defeat sinks in.

Not too concerned for myself, it's nothing unusual - all for the new season. What are we like, eh?:D

Tessar
17-08-14, 20:08
Oh bum..... we lost. Annie will b hapi

Annie0904
18-08-14, 16:07
Yes I am happy :D (sorry Tessar but we do have your best players now :) )
Peter it will be our turn to face Man C next week so not building my hopes up!

Tessar
18-08-14, 21:20
Saw the highlights, we hd most of the second half.....
Playing well and possession isn't enough tho is it?????
At least we r back in Stripes this season.

Annie0904
18-08-14, 21:21
Yes your team did play very well Tessar :)

AnxietyDJ
19-08-14, 13:21
A loss for my team first game... A sign of things to come I expect ;)

Gotagetthroughthis
29-08-14, 20:10
Have a feeling Man United will get a win tomorrow and get on a decent run of form after a very poor start to the season. Come on UNITED!!!

Tessar
14-09-14, 09:47
Oh wow..... My team won in style and we r 4th!!!!! :yesyes:
Poor Annie will be :weep: as indeed will be Magic & NE21Worrier........

Magic
14-09-14, 14:26
Yes I am :weep: Tessar, never expected Stoke to loose. Put me a in a bad mood for the rest of the day. xx

Tessar
14-09-14, 19:03
Oh dear, Magic, that's not so good..... But it does have an impact doesn't it :-)
I like Crouchie you know, used 2 play 4 us ......

Tessar
25-09-14, 22:14
Oh no, Magic, my team has drawn yours in the cup!!!!!!

Magic
26-09-14, 18:27
Woops Tessar, :ohmy: x

Tessar
27-09-14, 19:22
Commiserations, Liverplop.

Annie0904
27-09-14, 19:34
:weep::weep::weep:

Oosh
27-09-14, 21:44
Oi ! Stop putting plop on the end of Liverpool !

:weep: :weep: :weep:

Tessar
27-09-14, 22:12
:winks:

Tessar
22-10-14, 20:32
I am very happy with my team. 8 at the weekend was amazing.
He he.

I am wondering wot on earth is going on with Liverpool?
Suarez reckons they only did well last season because he was playing.
Well, I don't want him to be right because he is a liability but you do wonder?

Annie0904
22-10-14, 20:45
I am wondering what on earth is going on with Liverpool too :weep::weep::weep::weep:

fishman65
22-10-14, 21:47
Flawed as Suarez is, you can't lose a player of his quality and influence and not expect a negative impact on the team.

Tessar
22-10-14, 22:31
Very true Fishman & it's the fact he is a highly skilled & top class player that means he gets away with being such a liability. If only he hadn't behaved so ridiculously in the World Cup, he'd still be a Liverpool player & they'd probably be performing much better as a team.

Tessar
25-10-14, 18:59
Oh my..... We are SECOND..... it's amazing!!!!

Sorry Magic..... But we needed the points......

NE21 worrier
21-12-14, 18:24
What have I learned today?

Well, according to my own detailed three-year-long research, low mood is not helped by one's football team nowadays being consistently utterly f****** sh** in the local derby which they used to dominate.

Sorry for the Anglo-Saxon.

Magic
21-12-14, 18:56
Stoke are playing Chelsea at the Britannia Stadium Monday night at eight o'clock.
Well , I will be on pins all night. What a time!!!
Impossible for Stoke to win I know.:doh:

Tessar
21-12-14, 22:30
My team win, phew. I shall be hoping stoke win.... You never know!!!!!!