PDA

View Full Version : Nice to meet you all...........

renwar13
27-08-13, 09:33
I have recently been diagnosed with anxiety and have started taking medication, and although stressful I have decided to quit my job so that I can focus on getting myself well again.
Currently getting up in the morning and getting the children to school is enough and the thought of work makes me tearful and my heart starts pounding.
Although some of my family are telling me I'm stupid for doing this, I feel I should trust my instincts on this one.

I am really happy to find this website with many other people who are all in the same boat, its good to read how other people manage and all the general information.
My doctor told me that the world can be a very lonely place for anxiety sufferers and I have found it is hard for others to understand because they think you are being silly or need to chill out or to stop being stupid but as we all know it is not as simple as that!

Nice to meet you all!:)

cokesmyth5
28-08-13, 08:28
Welcome to this place!
My response to those who question leaving your job is this: unless you feel able to care for yourself properly and as you would like, how can you possibly look after anyone else? Now is the time to put your needs first.Anxiety doesn't come out of the blue. There is an underlying reason for it and hopefully you can explore this now, learn how to deal with it and with the help of meds, become a lot stronger and sure of yourself. This could take some time but most definitely can be achieved!
Good on you for taking a brave step. I'm sure it will have been worth it.
There is always someone to share with on here. Take care

renwar13
28-08-13, 10:06
Thanks :) I am so glad to have discovered this website! It's great to be in a community with people who understand.

Speranza
28-08-13, 10:12
Hi and welcome! I am in a very similar place to you, though with adult offspring... Gill x