PDA

View Full Version : does anyone have any knowledge/experience of brain aneurysms?

roxy90
27-08-13, 14:18
I know I have already posted a similar thread on this but I feel like I'm not explaining myself clearly lol.

5 weeks ago I woke in the night with a very bad headache, throbbing and vomiting. At the time I was concnerned but brushed it off as a migraine.because I couldn't keep going back to the doctors and my family said I.was.taking the piss.

Anyway the.headache went in a few hours and I didnt think of it until now. fast forward to saturday, where in my.anxious.state I was convinced I had an.aneurysm, I read an article saying a leaking aneurysm could cause a bad headache, but the.actual rupture could occur.months later.

This panicked me as I immediately.thought of that bad.headache and I'm now worried the.headache was.
Infact a leaking aneurysm, and that its about.to.rupture any time now. Its currently.ruining my life, im filled with fear.

Whilst Im.waiting for a.doctors appointment I.Juat wondered does anyone have.any knowledge.or experience?.what.does a leaking aneurysm.feel like?.or is it.actually possible for a leaking.aneurysm to go 5.weeks.without.fully.rupturing?.thanks.in.advanxe .x

---------- Post added at 14:18 ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 ----------

Anyone?x

nomorepanic
27-08-13, 14:59
I don't think you are going to get a member on here that can answer that question to be honest.

roxy90
27-08-13, 15:21
Okay thanks

Mose
27-08-13, 16:20
Hey there! My grandfather passed from an Aneurysm when my mother was six, You Shouldn't worry about things like this. I've been lurking and seen you've posted a bunch about it you really have nothing to worry about. The symptoms of an Aneurysm are so vague, You can get the same issues if you go outside and look at the sun to long. Sounds like you have Had/Have migraines. If you want some reassurance go to the doctor and LISTEN to what he say's I know its super hard but you cant dwell on the "what if's" of life.Also don't take this the wrong way, I can virtually promise this will NOT happen to you. When my grandfather passed they had no Idea about his issues he was just sitting at the break fest table and was gone in a second. PLEASE don't think this will happen to you and PLEASE take a look at how long you've been worrying about this. If you ( and anyone else that obsessively panics) were to suddenly "explode" with any issue how would the last months of your life been?Would they have been pissed away with worry? or Did you ENJOY your life?^This isn't to scare you or anyone else, its more of a how have you spent your time thing. I use to do the same then one of my buddys got cancer and he was SO COOL about the whole thing, he didn't let it slow him down and he kept doing what he wanted, He came out of it on top and is now in remission. He didn't waste one second on worry he lived his life how HE wanted.All in all, You had a Headache and vomited it happen's. No one on here can tell you "You don't have an aneurysm" because no one can tell the future. I don't know if you do any counciling or meds but it helps allot. Everyone should have a shrink even if they're "Normal". I feel everybody should have someone they can vent to for an hour it helps tremendously. Don't let this get you down ether it will get better, Promise XDGood luck with your Doctor!

Fishmanpa
27-08-13, 18:26
Amen Mose!

"T"

roxy90
27-08-13, 18:42
Mose what a lovely post, thankyou!

I did suffer with migraines as a child, although I don't remember them I was hospitalised once with one after I collapsed. But I've not had any recently enough for me to remember. I was worried at the time of my headache, I was vomiting and dizzy but as far as I can remember I wouldn't describe it as the worst pain of my life. My eyes had been hurting before I went to sleep, I'd worn my new glasses for a bit and they majorly hurt my eyes.

I know I'm too young to be worrying about this sort of stuff, i'm only 22 but god its ruining my life at the minute. After googling about leaking aneurysms I've convinced myself that the headache was a leaking aneurysm and its going to properly rupture any time soon.

I worry about this all day, every day. I've been to the doctors for recent pressure headaches and they've looked into my eyes etc and said there's no evidence of an aneurysm, but I can't believe it because of that stupid headache.

I so agree with everyrhing you say, if I did suddenly drop dead my last days would have thrown away with worry. I've turned down such a lovely house because I don't think I'll survive, I'm going on a course tomorrow and I'm full of fear it will rupture then. I just live my life waiting for this aneurysm to burst. I wish I'd never googled the warning headaches as I would have just assumed it to be a migraine.

I'm going to get a counsellor sorted, my life is ruined at the minute, I have no life. Just worry, worry and more worry. I've never been more convinced in my life . All my family say if I had an aneyrusm that leaked 5 weeks ago it would have ruptured by now, especially since I have been straining/coughing/sneezing and arguing a lot since then. But I'm not convinced. I just want my life back, but I just think I;m going to die any second, its awful, really awful and so lonely.

Thanks for your post again xc