PDA

View Full Version : anxiety or something more serious?

Lwhittaker
27-08-13, 10:29
Hi. My name is Lara and I'm 21 years old. I have been dealing with anxiety and depression for a few years now. I've been put on lots of different medications but they don't seem to be working. For about a month now I have had numb legs, a constant dull headache, sharp throbbing headache that lasts about 30 seconds on the left side of my head above my ear, I'm very tired all the time even though I get 7-9 hours of sleep per night, my eyes are sore with tiredness, I feel like I keep forgetting my words and I'm often walking into rooms and not realising why I'm in there, the other morning I dreamt I got a text from someone and I looked at my phone and I infact had got that exact text and I was really confused, my left eye has been red for about 2.5 weeks now and it's a bit sore, I'm also weeing 7-8 times a day when it's normal for me to wee 3-4 times max, I've also been pooing a few times a day or I'm not for a couple of days at a time, my period has now not come since mid June which means two have skipped, pregnancy tests both came back negative. Should I be worried? I went and got my bloods done and they come back in a couple of days. This could just be anxiety couldnt it?
Any replies would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

ankietyjoe
27-08-13, 11:30
It's always worth seeing your Doctor about what's going on with your health, but everything you describe is very common with anxiety. Being a dude I can't comment on the ladies problems, but I've seen many posts and comments about similar issues too.

When you're stressed and anxious your immune system is put under a great deal of stress so almost any symptoms can occur, but it rarely means anything serious is wrong.

I bet the blood tests will be fine so try not to worry about it :)

rockydog
27-08-13, 12:30
It could definitely all be anxiety, glad you had your blood done though because that might reassure you and you could simply have something like a harmless thyroid imbalance which messes things up. I have loads of crazy physical symptoms that are anxiety and they change over time. :) hope you feel better x

Eyji1
27-08-13, 13:39
Anxiety is a powerful thing. It can throw your whole chemical balance out of the window.