PDA

View Full Version : I'm new and struggling

HannahA
27-08-13, 14:49
Hi All,

Thought I'd join this forum as I am shocked how common this affliction is. I have suffered from health anxiety for as long as I can remember but in the last year I have found that it has been all that has been on my mind.

I constantly have morbid thoughts and have noticed that my back, chest, arms and fingers are constantly having shooting pains. I'm conviced it's cancer and am petrefied!

Just can't carry on like this :( any suggestions?
x

Eyji1
27-08-13, 15:07
"I have found that it has been all that has been on my mind."

Do you exercise regularly? Do any stretches?

natalie5555
27-08-13, 17:30
I have a very similar problem to you too, I'm 23 now and since I was about 14/15 I used to get unexplained pains in 1 of my legs and other weird things too I went to the doctors numerous times and every time they told me there was nothing wrong. I now get pains in my chest, ribs, arms and hands and sometimes they are them shooting pains. I know what your going threw in my experience with them the thing that helps me sometimes is not reacting to them when you get them and I don't get as many and exercise too helps and meditation can help :) Its really difficult to not worry but it can make them worse if you worry more :( I swear that's why I keep getting them.

HannahA
27-08-13, 21:21
Hi, thank you for replying I do excersise and stretch after, have done for years but it seems that the more I focus on my aches and pains the more anxious I get and the more painful they get! Thank you for sharing your experience with me! I have noticed that I too get pain in my ribs and if sometimes feels painful to the touch. I find it very difficult to free my mind of it :(

I will definitely try to give the meditation a go! Anything to stop this constant worrying and prodding myself!

Eyji1
28-08-13, 12:13
looking through a telescope makes small things look bigger

Such is it with all the attention we give to body pains. The more you "look" the more you "see".

Hope you'll feel better.

Lindyl
30-08-13, 12:32
i,m the same all my thoughts are cancer related lungs at the moment,its with you as soon as your eyes open .im the crisis team at the moment they're taking me out shortly on a shopping trip as i dont go out of the house much so makes my problem worse

weelee21
02-09-13, 19:28
hey im the same as yourself, I always think I have a serious illness for eg im going to have a stroke, heart attack or I have cancer! Hate the way anxiety makes your brain work! When I first got diagnosed with anxiety I was convinced the doctor was wrong and I had some underlying illness, didn't want to believe I had anxiety.
I feel like im going insane at times!

Madimoo03
03-09-13, 19:14
I'm going through the same. Actually convinced that my gp is wrong and that I have a brain tumour, and not just anxiety... JUST anxiety!!! It sounds so uncomplicated... If only xx