PDA

View Full Version : Question

cityheadache
21-10-06, 18:56
I'm reluctant to post this as it's probably hugely attention-seeking which I try to avoid at all costs but I need to know if I can get help with this;
I'm 14 years old and have no self esteem whatsoever and I never have and probably never will. It may be due to my acne which I've had since I was young and despite lots of medication, will not go away. In my opinion I am the ugliest girl ever and I get really down about it. I never go out except from school and I tend to ask for days off as the idea of going to school makes me really stressed. I sleep a lot because it's the only time I don't have to think about being so ugly. If I have to go out I try to do things as quickly as possible and never look at other people because I get majorly upset if anyone looks at me and I feel guilty if anyone speaks at me because they have to look at me. If someone "compliments" me I always take it as offence because they're obviously joking. My mum tells me I'm beautiful but parents always tell their children that they are beautiful no matter if they are or not. Every minute of everyday I tell myself in my head that I'm the ugliest person ever and I don't even look like a human. Outside of school I don't talk to anyone but my parents and if in the rare chance that anybody phones me (my friends have lost interest, thankfully) I panic and make a million excuses.
Recently I keep having suicidal thoughts and how no-one would have to look at me if I was dead and I've been reading up about methods on the internet. But I know I could never commit suicide because I love my parents and I couldn't do that to them so I feel trapped because I don't want to live but I have to because otherwise I'd put them through hell.
Also whenever I go out I'm always fixing my clothes and hair (which I both hate equally) and I can never sit still for fear of people looking at me.
I usually never talk about this and I feel guilty now because I'm being so attention-seeking but I need to know if this is a condition or just some stupid thing that I'm wasting everyones time by asking about?
Sorry in advance.

net
21-10-06, 19:32
i dont think your attention seeking

i've been where you are and its horrible i felt like i didnt want to inflict myself on others so didnt go out i have since battled on and off with agoraphobia

dont look up suicide methods please its not good for you i know when i was going through the same i wanted to find a painless and quick way out but its not the answer
14 is tough and from what you say it sounds as though your depressed (thats what i was diagnosed with)
what you need to think is that everyone has a right to life and to be happy and able to do things even ugly people (i'm sure your not ugly but i'm going on the fact you feel you are)
its hard but go out there with a positive attitude and dont care what others think or say you live your life

my daughter went through a tough time in her teens but her attitude was to stuff everyone else and live (much better than when i was a teen)

sorry for waffling

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

chillx
21-10-06, 19:39
Hi

You are certainly not attention seeking. Please do not feel that. You will certainly get support on this forum. I have sent you a PM with information.

chillx

yorkylover
21-10-06, 23:34
Hi well done for coming on here and opening up.You are certainly not attention seeking.You will get so much advise here and will make lots of friends.we are all here for similar reasons pet.Have you tried speaking to you parents about how you are feeling.Your gp may be able to help,get you someone you can talk to.Its best not to bottle all your feelings up inside.
I always thought I was ugly at school, I was the one who never had a boyfriend ect.When I left school I met my partner at 16 and we have been together ever since.There is a light at the end of the tunnel pet.I am 39 now and still get spots due to my hormone problem.The doctor maybe able to help with spots.I use freederm and find it really helps.
I still dont think Im attractive,but someone loves me for who I am.
You are a very brave person telling us all how you feel,you have a family who love you very much.You are having suicidal thoughts so you need some support,from family and gp.
You take care sweety.
love;)

Ellen XX

Melxxx
21-10-06, 23:56
Hi

Firstly welcome too the forum. It's not attention seeking you are doing the right thing looking for help.

Please Please stay away form the suicide sites I wish they would ban them form the INTERNET they do nothing but harm.

Don't feel guilty about asking questions we will help but I think you should also talk to your Mom and Dad tell them tonight if you can how you feel or write it down and show them. Have you been to the doctors for any help sweetheart??? I know if my son felt like you I would want to know and help and I am sure your mom and dad will feel the same way.

You take care hugs

Mel xxx

Phill2
23-10-06, 05:46
Hi There
At your age my daughter was stunning but still thought she was ugly.
I really think it's just a teen thing.
Phill

Don't believe everything you think.