PDA

View Full Version : Back on after 2 months

Lloris123
27-08-13, 16:34
Hi All!

Background - I've been on Citalopram for around 2 years since I developed anxiety during my final exams at univeristy. I was put on Beta Blockers and the like to no affect. I got put on Citalopram around the middle of 2011 and it turned my life around, was able to go out and do things, didn't feel nauseous any more, shaking and dry mouth had gone.

Since around the middle of 2012 I've been reducing my dosage from 40mg, to 30mg, to 20mg and finally 10mg. I've felt 100% normal over the past 2 years thanks to the medication and around 2 months ago thought I was well enough to come off the medication.

I stopped taking my 10mg and felt perfectly fine for the first month (even amongst some stressful situations). This 2nd month however has just escalated and I have felt worse and worse each day at work (office job) and had a similar experience to the very first time I felt my anxiety 2 years ago. So much so that today I had to leave and have been given leave off tomorrow as well.

I am now worried that this will keep me off work (not entirely, I have been told arrangements can be made) for the significant future whilst the medication takes time to work again and reduce my symptoms. I work in an open plan office and I only feel anxious when sat at my desk, no reason to feel it but the symptoms have come back and is affecting my work.

Does anyone have experience of going back onto the medication after 2 months, will they work quicker/slower than the first time. I am hugely frustrated as I have felt brilliant for 2 years now and wish I had never stopped (without the doctors say so at least) because now I feel back to square one.

I now intend to look into CBT to help me as obviously the medication is just masking the issues but that's all I need at the moment so this doesn't affect my work, I can not afford to lose my job but sitting at my desk I feel just so so nauseous and can't concentrate for fear of throwing up.

I'm hoping the Citalopram will kick back in quickly as my body knows what the drug should be doing, hopeful thinking? :D