PDA

View Full Version : Always thinking the worst?

TheScript
27-08-13, 17:52
First i had the fear of choking.. that's how my panic started, then i had the fear of having a heart problem, having a heart attack. Then it moved to the fear of passing out, and having something wrong in my brain - like a brain tumour. Now i have the fear of going crazy, having some horrible mental illness (don't want to write them because even the word makes me panic)

Noone of my fears ever came true.. But i can't stop thinking what if this one does happen...:weep: someone please reassure

xvolatileheart
27-08-13, 18:27
I think all of us can relate to this! I, too, have had the fear of heart problems, stopping breathing, cancer, brain tumors, passing out, and as you saw in my most recent most, fear of going crazy or having a mental illness. In fact, right now I'm having the feeling that I'm going to pass out or lose my mind. I'm trying to just accept it and let it pass.

This is how our anxiety-ridden brains work. Have you spoken to the doctor about this? Medication and therapy can really help with these negative thought patterns.

Wishing you the best. :hugs: